18 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2015 12:23 PM by skiadcock RSS

Which properties offer breakfast on weekends to Gold/Platinum members

rodrigst Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Is there an exhaustive list? Instead of calling each property I am interested in and asking, has anyone created a list (or Marriott supplied one).

I just called the JW Essex in NYC and was surprised they don't offer a breakfast option on the weekend.

Thanks in advance!

Stephen

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Which properties offer breakfast on weekends to Gold/Platinum members
    erc Platinum

The bible managed by skiadcock   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends - FlyerTalk Forums

remember, if you experience an update, be sure to inform her. She prefers on FlyerTalk, but if you don't hang there, then drop her a Direct Message here on Insiders or tag her.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

Correct.  I check  FT multiple times daily, but am hit & miss on Insiders so either post on FT or send me a direct message on Insiders (which I think emails me).

I do my best to keep the exec lounge sticky updated, but of course it's dependent upon people providing updates.

I either check the exec lounge sticky for updates or scroll through the Marriott forum property threads on Flyertalk..  FWIW - I find the linear listing of threads on FT to be easier to follow than the social media style of Insiders (which is one of the reasons I'm not on MRI as much).

Cheers.

The purpose of the exec lounge sticky is to post per property if the exec lounge is open or closed on the weekend.  If it's closed, is it open for breakfast only (vs. fully open including in the evening)?  If it's closed & brekkie is in the restaurant, & if it's cont'l or full?  And if it's cont'l, is there an up charge to full offered?  Also, if it's closed is it 'key accessible' for soft drinks?

Here's the info I normally ask for when I ask people to provide updates:

To make it easier for me, please list your responses in the following format:

1) City/State/Country/Property Name

2) Lounge is Open or Closed on weekends;

*Lounge open all weekend

*Lounge open for breakfast only (cont'l or full)

*Lounge closed, full breakfast in restaurant (free full or full w/ an upcharge from cont'l; list price of upcharge if known)

*Lounge closed, continental only in restaurant

*Lounge closed, points only

*Charge for additional guests beyond elite+1 & if so, what is the charge if known

3) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water;

4) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless

5) date you know the info was valid (ie, 06/13)

Doubt anything has changed, but last report on the exec lounge sticky for JW Essex House is:

* NY City / JW Marriott Essex House New York / CLOSED; Full buffet breakfast in exec lounge on weekends; 05/05/14 update

Cheers.

rodrigst Platinum 5 Reviews

I am not sure what that means - I read it that the lounge is closed BUT it also has a full buffet on weekends?

I called them and they do not offer bfast. Just trying to save money for a babymoon.

Some properties close their exec lounges on the weekend.  However, per Marriott T&Cs they are required to provide a continental breakfast or 750 points/day when it is closed.  What some properties have chosen to do is, rather than provide breakfast in the restaurant, is open up the executive lounge for breakfast only (so no drinks or evening appetizers).  JW Essex House is one of those & from reports on Flyertalk go above just a continental brekkie. 

Given the Essex House exec lounge reopened a few months ago after renovation & they were proud of their offerings, I'd be quite surprised if they suddenly switched to cont'l brekkie in the restaurant.   My guess is whomever you spoke with was ill-informed.

Cheers.

Platinum 28 Reviews

It has been my experience that with the exception of "resorts" most properties are "obligated" to give you breakfast if there is no lounge (i.e. Autograph Collect ) or the lounge is closed.  Also if no breakfast is offered than points are given (one should insure that points get into their account as I usually have to telephone Platinum customer service to get mine).

One experience that I face regularly is the Manhattan East Side Marriott (49th and Lex).  The have a very large (and expensive)  buffet on weekends.  With mandatory gratuity of 15% the breakfast buffet is more than $30.00 - AND there is no other option for breakfast in the hotel.  (luckily it's Manhattan so whichever way you turn when walking out the door there are places to get a reasonable breakfast).  Elite Gold and Plat are given 1000 pts per day as payment for the lack of food.

All other properties that I have stayed at provide vouchers for the breakfast buffet with the absence or closure of the lounge.

Hopefully this answer is helpful.

Manhattan East Side is one of the 14 properties that give points only rather than brekkie.  It should be noted that the exempt list is only 14 properties (with a few of them being in Manhattan).

* NY City / Marriott East Side/ CLOSED; 1,000 points only per night when closed (no cont'l brekkie option);i-net; 09/09/14 update

Cheers.

seancd Platinum

I've always had good luck just asking whoever checks me in for the vouchers.

I just emailed a contact I have at JW Essex, and here's his reply:

"We’re open 7-days a week with a full breakfast buffet in the concierge lounge.  Evening canapés 5-days a week (no Fr/Sa) and complimentary non-alcoholic drinks & honor bar the rest of the time."

Cheers.

communitymanager, there is a report on Flyertalk that the Lexington, Autograph Collection is now on the list of exempt properties that offer no breakfast but 1,000 points/night (elite guest told that by the property).  However, Marriott's website does not list it as one of the exempt properties, and there is confusion on whether this is daily or just on the weekends.  The Lexington does not have an exec lounge.  Could you please confirm if what the FDC told the elite is correct or not?  Thank you.

erc Platinum

skiadcock  and NathalieF

When I wrote painedplatinum about the change in breakfast policy, I had called the actual hotel (because I have learned that going off of only one associate's explanation, isn't always accurate).

After being transferred from reservations, to front desk, finally to a manager that certainly appeared to know what he was talking about (that's the good thing about NY, you don't need to be shy about it ) here's what he said is the current situation;

While they are constructing/renovating/building (I forget the verb he used) the soon to be Concierge Lounge, The Lexington is not providing breakfasts, but rather 1,000 points.

He said they hoped that the Lounge (and therefore breakfasts) would be available by the end of January, but 'stuff happens' and he didn't want to be held to that, which out of respect for his competence, I'll honor and say, breakfast is available when the lounge is opened.

Perhaps that manager needs to tell his staff that, since it was the Platinum desk that told the Flyertalker that they're on the exempt list & apologized for Marriott's website not being up to date.    The reason I asked the communitymanager for verification is that, like you, I don't necessarily believe a front desk saying something.  We all know they don't understand the rules, etc.  Believe me when I'm updating the exec lounge sticky & contact properties directly, I'm frequently told that re: breakfast on the weekend elites have the option of 500 points or $10FB coupon - which of course is the Platinum arrival gift & has nothing to do with breakfast.  Thanks for the update erc.

Cheers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...