16 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2014 10:48 AM by misterchk RSS

IS ANYONE LISTENINIG?

Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

FORGIVE MY IMMODESTY BY STATING I AM A LOYAL MARRIOTT CUSTOMER. 

First and foremost in Marriott's eyes that is how they should see me A LOYAL CUSTOMER. More importantly I should be considered a VALUABLE customer as evidenced by achieving Lifetime Platinum Status.  THE TYPE OF CUSTOMER THAT IS THE BEST  PROFIT CENTER FOR THE ORGANIZATION. THE CATEGORY OF CUSTOMER WHO SHOULD, AT THE VERY LEAST BE LISTENED TO.

You would think my opinions and comments on specific properties would be of interest to corporate management and the management of a specific property.

I wanted to know if anyone was listening to what I deemed to be constructive comments on a stay. Consequently,   during a period covering approximately the last twelve to eighteen months ( to approximately a dozen properties) I have diligently completed in detail questionnaires sent to me by Marriott.

Each questionnaire has two  areas for written  comments. In one section the comments supposedly go to a corporate level customer service department  and another directly to the hotel  being reviewed).  Each time, after including my comments I requested, "out of courtesy"    (I spent 15 - 20 minutes filling our your questionnaire please return the courtesy) if the person reading the comments would simply email me - yes I included my address - that "yes" your comments have been read.

AS OF TODAY, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ONE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT THAT ANY OF MY COMMENTS HAVE BEEN READ BY ANYONE (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A COMPUTER SOMEWHERE)

I welcome the communities opinion of this post.  I am hopeful that Marriott personelle would comment,  Are these survey sent out to guarantee the existence of the department responsible or to they serve a purpose?  IS ANYONE LISTENING????

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: IS ANYONE LISTENINIG?
    Platinum 28 Reviews

( This is meant as an addendum to my original post earlier today and directed to Marriott personnel )

SHOULDN'T EACH HOTEL HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS TO ALLOW GUESTS TO AIR SPECIFIC NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES DUE TO SERVICE AND PROPERTY CONDITIONS?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

This has been raised before on MRI.  I couldn't agree more.  There should be an email address on each hotel's website, not only for negative comments, but for praise too.  In essence it should be there for direct contact for anything., so that the guest does not have to go through the loop of emailing Marriott centrally first.  I have the email for my most frequented hotels here in the UK, but I have had to ask for them, whereas it should be readily available.

barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

Agree!! And EVERY GM needs to have HIS or HER business card, with current contact information, available.

erc Platinum

Here's an interesting discussion from FlyerTalk

Guest Services Check-In Screen - FlyerTalk Forums

It's currently a short discussion, so it's an easy review; take a look at Replies 6-12. Marriott is listening alright, it's just that they hear what they want to hear (the 'rare' photo is from 2010, thus the info appears old).

IAHFLYR, californian, I know the three of us often write/joke about how they monitor this thread and throw it into our profile - perhaps demonstrating  'the truth is often said in jest'.

Certainly no surprise that a service company would collect data, but it does get you thinking, when they start tossing tip envelopes on pillows .

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Wow!  I guess most of know that we are in an age of no privacy but....

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

misterchk,

Just one observation or anecdote.  I routinely post property reviews on this site, indeed, I've posted more than 40 of them.  Generally, I assume no one reads them.

But, when I posted this one, at a Gaylord property - Not for everyone (including me) - I got an immediate email and call from the hotel management.  They offered to comp my room (which I declined), but it did demonstrate that, at least somewhere, someone was reading....  Or maybe they receive an e-notification when they get a low enough rating....

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

It's my belief they get an email with a low rating, but I know we are being watched!!

You hit IT! When there are a series of negative reviews and those scores begin to slide, oh my, then and only then does it becomes time to react!

This will NOT be done! Just imagine the reaction of a insecure conflict avoidance type manager; YOUR attempting to provide constructive advice will be taken as YOU ARE being critical. You then will be in that person's mind a "problem guest" to be avoided.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

misterchk - Were you reading my mind when you wrote this post? I 100% agree with you. I have to guess that if you reached LTP and are a similar traveler as I, then you also probably have 3000+ paid nights, have been PP at least 8 or 9 years running, and average 200+ paid nights a year. Despite these numbers for the both of us, I am so frustrated that the uber-loyalist has little, if any, impact on change.

I used to do the questionnaires, too, but long gave up as IMO, they were tilted toward "immaterial" issues and never focused on the traveler's experience. Like you, I had included an e-mail on a very specific topic of kudos or poo-poos, yet never, not once, received a response. I gave up as my time is more valuable watching my grass grow than to fill out questionnaires that seem to go unnoticed or into some black hole of corporate bureaucracy.

One could argue that all major chains have their pros and cons and that one chain is not necessarily better than another. Likewise, one could do the math and calculate which reward program provides the most value and fastest earnings. I've gone through those analyses and despite MR having the best earnings/value, I have left Marriott over more specific reasons, those gnawing, punch-in-the-gut types of stupidities.

• Removing free coffee from the lobby at CYs across the continent
    • Not offering the uber-loyalists anything special other than a PP 800# which I never used
    • Not guaranteeing a suite upgrade on points
    • Etc. (fill in your blank: _____________________)

I am not sure what the Marriott marketers use for their matrices in going after customers, but whatever they use, it seems to omit the UBERs. If it's a numbers game (more members) I sure hope they look at how many new members it takes to make up for one 200+ paid nights per year loss.

My final comment: for years, I thought and spoke highly of Marriott and was a regular "upbeat" poster on MRI, but that has all changed. Most of my posts now are less than positive and as you had pointed out in my post Unusual email from Marriott Corporation  from April 2012, NO ONE IS LISTENING!

bjcilley Platinum 5 Reviews

When I ask for client feedback, I reply to those respondants  with a bulk 'thank you', as I do not have the time to respond personally.  I stopped responding to Marriott surveys because I was convinced it was a mere formality and that these were not read. 

No! Unfortunately things must get to a crisis stage(loss of revenue, legal actionable injury etc.) before action is taken. As I stated on another thread; the fact that we are Lifers, to the short-sighted, means that they do not have to work to earn and keep our business.

The surveys(that is IF you are allowed to receive them) are read and the properties do get a response from Marriott Corporate Headquarters. Marriott makes the apology and then  instructs the particular property to contact the guest(s).

Marriott International is taking the hits for poor responses. Marriott, time to start hitting back and holding your folk accountable.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I rated a hotel 2 stars which was considered a negative review and I got an e-mail from Marriott but not the hotel.  I got the idea that the hotel was supposed to contact me but they didn't.

Platinum 28 Reviews

I AM COMMENTING ON MY ORIGINAL POST AND QUESTION PUT FORTH:

THE QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED:

IT IS APPARENT,   WITH FEW EXCEPTIONS, THAT NO ONE AT MARRIOTT IS LISTENING!!!! 

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Got to chuckle... misterchk just acknowledged misterchk's correct answer to misterchk's question!

Now that's what we call a feedback loop!

Platinum 28 Reviews

@SSINDC         

FYI - FOR MANY YEARS I HAVE RESPONDED TO THE NICKNAME "LOOPY" AS WELL AS MANY  OTHER ADJECTIVES THAT PEOPLE USE TO DESCRIBE BE.

I ACCEPT ALL AS LONG AS THEY ARE USED WITH KINDNESS AND AFFECTION   (lol)

SEE NEW POSTING TODAY

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...