8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2016 3:07 AM by lakelands RSS

Best Category 5 Hotel in the UK

stratman560 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hey Guys and Gals:

The Girlfriend and I have a few free Cat 5 Certs to burn and I was wondering what your recommendations were for the best Category 5 Hotels are for the UK.  Ideally a rustic, romantic hotel with maybe a nice bar and fireplace would be ideal since we would be there around Christmas.  So far I have came up with a couple potential Hotels: 1) The Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel and 2) Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel and Country Club.  I am open to any and all suggestions and/or experience you all may have had at these or other properties.  We will be platinum by the time our trip takes place, so a place that has a reputation of regularly upgrading elites would be nice too.  Suggestions please!!

Thanks!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Bristol, England, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel
Derby, England, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club
  • Re: Best Category 5 Hotel in the UK
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi stratman560,

It is my pleasure to welcome you to Marriott Rewards Insiders!

You've joined a network of knowledgeable and super helpful travelers that love taking the time to share insights, recommendations, pictures, and general conversation as they travel the globe! As you've already done, questions such as yours are exactly what this forum is all about, the sharing of experience and information.

I encourage you to check out our Getting Started Guide as you start to explore the site. This guide contains lots of helpful tips that may benefit you as you familiarize yourself with the forum.

Also, don't hesitate to reach out to me, joshm, or KatieC with any questions or concerns about the rewards program, or this site, or any help you need. We make up the community management team for the forum!

Lindsey

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sg1974 Gold

Breadsall Priory is a good hotel.

Shop and Book Marriott Hotels

From the category 5 list the one's that I have enjoyed are:

Birmingham

Forest of Arden

St Pierre

Breadsall Priory

Lingfield Park

Tudor Park

Meon Valley

Let me know if you want any further information on any of these properties.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

stratman560 - For what it's worth, here are my suggestions from Marriott locations where I've stayed:

Marriott Huntingdon, home of Oliver Cromwell, if you're familiar with this 16th century reformer - The Oliver Cromwell website, near Cambridge (30 minute drive) easy access from motorway,  just off the A14, in the Midlands of England - Very clean hotel and rooms, great breakfast buffet and warm, casual lounge for evening relaxing - Hotels in Cambridgeshire UK | Huntingdon Marriott Hotel

If you have a car, you might arrange for dinner at the Bridge in Huntingdon - Restaurant Huntingdon | Restaurants in Cambridgeshire

Marriott Milton Keynes - country hotel, just north of London, off the M1 Motorway, less than an hour drive to Oxford - lovely old brick hotel setting - clean rooms and very nice, buffet breakfast - Northampton Marriott Hotel | Luxury Hotels in Northampton | Hotels in Northampt

Marriott Manchester Airport - if you wanted to visit North Central UK, I've stayed at this hotel, located some 5 minutes from the airport - quiet, neighborhood setting, concierge room and good food - Cat. 5 hotel - 4 star hotel near Manchester airport , luxury accommodation Manchester airport

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

The UK has 21 cat5 hotels, a mix of city and country, there are some great choices for you.

Marriott doesn't really do rustic, even the Breadsall priory, incidentally the oldest Marriott in the world is completely modern throughout, with just the reception and restaurant in the remains of the old Priory building.

For a stay with your girlfriend I'd recommend looking at:

COUNTRY CLUB HOTELS

Breadsall Priory

Forest of Arden

Hollins Hall

St Pierre

Worsley Park

I especially like Breadsall for its location and history and Worsley Park for it's excellent dining.

Genuine city centre locations are more limited in this category but the best are:

Bristol Marriott Royal... A grande dame hotel

Leeds Marriott... Great location for shopping and excellent exec lounge

Ive stayed in all these for leisure both for a couples and family break. All routinely upgrade but in common with Marriotts worldwide have few suites so don't go expecting a suite upgrade, they're very rare.

lakelands Platinum

i stayed at st perrie great hotel lovely staff 2 grade room went back is best you can do for paltnium got a great room in uk you have to complain or you get nothing nowrich was fab

lakelands Platinum

hollis hall great hotel on counter they have a i pad telling you you can pay for a upgrade if you pay extra asked for upgrade told booked out go into my room put my laptop on booked in to hotel upgrade no problem took my laptop down stairs showed them upgrade if you pay she called manager sorry we can upgrade you why do we have to beg as if they are doing us a favour? if they dont want to look after us why take on marriott we earn this because we love marriot come to sydney ever time we get upgrade to suites and staff a great autograph /marriott /courtyard/ up grade ever time never had to ask my husband and i love marriott they treat us like kings regards brenda

stratman560 Platinum

Thanks for all the input everyone!!  Much appreciated.

lakelands Platinum

hi stayed in bristol lounge is the worst lounge food wine 1 out of 10 worst food in 5 years they do nothing for platinum members they think they are doing us a favour brenda

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...