6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2015 6:41 AM by laurac RSS

Went above and beyond to meet our needs

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We checked in to the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Harrisonburg VA on Saturday September 6, 2014 around 4:00pm.  We had about an hour to shake off the road and get ready for a wedding we were attending in the area.  We went to our room and, just prior to getting in the shower, noticed the towels were still wet.  Checking around the room, there was a wet ring on one of the bedside tables, there was gooey soap scum on the soap dish in the shower and - dare I say - there was hair in the bed, when you pulled down the cover.

Clearly the room had not been cleaned properly, in expectation of a new guest.  Giving the benefit of the doubt, perhaps housekeeping thought the prior guest was not yet checking out.  Regardless, we wanted a cleaned room.  Housekeeping may have already left for the day.  Ms Chris _____, the young lady at the front desk sprung into action.  She quickly came upstairs with fresh towels and after we left, she came back in to the room, cleaned it and changed the sheets.  They were sold out or she probably would have moved us.  She also said she would make sure we didn't pay for the room, that night.

So, I wanted to nominate her for a Spirit to Serve award.  She was friendly and a very efficient problem solver.  I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.  I'm sorry, but I don't have her last name.

Thank you,

Lou Martel

Platinum Elite

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisonburg
  • Re: Went above and beyond to meet our needs

Was this seen by Marriott?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I have been reading more and more about guests arriving and being put in a dirty room.  This has been one reason that I stay at a Marriott and if this continues, I will not stay any more.

I arrived late for a stay at a Marriott that didn't have a 24 hour front desk and security gave me the key.  The room had not been cleaned and there was no one to help.  There were crumbs in the bed, etc.  What a terrible night.  No one should have to sleep in a room that had not been cleaned from the last person.  They did clean it in the morning but no refund.

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, psudad, On behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate this Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

Thank you!

laurac,

I was curious about the outcome of this nomination.  Thank you.

laurac Marriott Associate

Greetings, psudad, We have not yet heard back from the hotel's General Manager, although I will follow up for you. Spirit to Serve nominations are forwarded to the General Manager of the associate's hotel. It is at the discretion of the manager to notify the associate and present the "Spirit to Serve" award, so the timing does vary. Usually the managers will let us know when the associate has received the award, although we are still working to optimize this process to make sure we can notify you when the nomination has been communicated and when the award has been presented.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...