2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2014 9:34 AM by iahflyr RSS

In-Room Telephones

boomer Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I understand why Marriott would scale back in room phones but am mystified by the latest trend.  I stay at a lot of Courtyards on business and have noticed that many have eliminated the desk phone leaving only the bedside phone.  I would personally prefer leaving the desk phone but imagine that some may use the bedside phone for wake up calls?  Either way, whichever phone that remains, could it PLEASE be a speakerphone?  I will occasionally use this phone to participate in conference calls while working from the room and mobile phone speakers leave a lot to be desired.  Anyone else agree?

Also,  I am seeing fewer and fewer hotels with luggage stands leaving me to use the coffee table or couch.  In this day of possible bed bugs transfer i prefer having a luggage stand to rest my luggage, plus I can leave it in one place rather than moving it around.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: In-Room Telephones
    tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I have noticed the phone is often down to one beside the bed at FS Marriotts here in the UK.  I too would prefer one on the desk as well, and I am not on business.  I want it there for ringing friends etc.

Something else that is really annoying me is notepaper.  There always used to be a few sheets of notepaper and a pen.  Just small sheets of paper, but ideal for scribbling down quick notes.  Now all we get is one piece of white card with the Marriott logo on, which is frequently not replaced when it has been used.  Really mean IMHO.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: In-Room Telephones
      iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Yep, note pad or paper is becoming more scarce with every stay and is never replaced anymore when housekeeping cleans the room. 

The phone issue I've not seen, in the Courtyard we most frequent in Ft. Myers, Florida there is a speaker phone on the desk as well a regular phone by the bed at least it was that way in July during my last visit.  I don't much use the phone in the hotel except for the wake-up call and I could set it on the smartphone just as easily, but at least keep a speaker phone for those who want to use it for conference calls as Boomer suggests if Marriott you are in fact eliminating phones.

What does annoy me with the phones are when they are in a sad state of repair and hardly work.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links