15 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2016 12:04 PM by bejacob RSS

How long does it take for the new MR badges to show up?

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hey NathalieF. How long before the new MR badges show up in our Rewards account?

During my visit to TX, OK, and KS last month, I stayed at 2 CYs, 2 SHS, a TPS, and the Renaissance. If I understand how the new badging program works (detailed in these threads--More Fun Features Coming Soon To Your Account and Badging: A more in depth overview), I should have earned the badges for CY and SHS along with 25 bonus MR points for each (woo hoo ). The actual points for the hotel stays showed up within 48 hours as did the other bonus points I earned for the promotions in effect at the time.

I opted in to earn the badges (I figured, why not), but so far the only one I have is the Platinum badge. I'm particularly concerned about earning the badges (or the points), but since my recent travels (planned long before these badges were rolled out ) should have netted me a couple badges and 50 bonus points, I thought it appropriate to inquire.

Has anyone else earned any of these new MR badges yet?

badge.PNG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How long does it take for the new MR badges to show up?
    erc Platinum
    http://www.informationweek.com/7-examples-put-gamification-to-work/d/d-id/1104211
    (As a courtesy to busy Insiders - an easy read, with quick bullet points)

I once again willingly yield to the cultural trends (like I do when I go to a three hour baseball game and every pitch requires a batter's adjustment of the velcro batting gloves and the pitcher tilling the mound). Gamification, around for a decade, appears to be the loyalty programs'   'Go to'    technique of building relationships. This brings two questions to mind;

1) Will Marriott have the capability to operate the program effectively? Poorly run programs prove counterproductive. The difficulty Marriott had with the recent Marriott Rewards Plus Points would lead me to think Marriott still isn't at the top of their  I.T. game.

2) Will these programs and games come at the expense of focus toward actual customer service applications? There are numerous opportunities for 'enhancement' at the Marriott.com web site alone, where actual business transpires and reservations are secured, yet what would appear to be easy tweaks are left ignored.

Time will tell.
    And as always, the friendly erc disclaimer, it's not the players, it's the game. I'm a big believer in the axiom, to each their own; heck, I'm a player, like gassing up two empty cars on the grocery store gas promos . It's the corporate effort required to structure and implement the game that concerns me about Marriott further diluting their demonstrated, already somewhat modest, tech capabilities.

The good news, Marriott is worldwide and their properties are very well operated, so I'll just go along to get along.

I firmly believe Insider sharing increases in value as the equation tips more and more toward the industry.

So, as always; Keep on, keepin' on Insiders.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi bejacob,

Thanks for letting me know! I would think your badges should be appearing by now as well. Can you send me a private message including your Rewards number, property names, stay dates and your preferred contact info? I'll look into this for you.

Well, the badges showed up over the weekend, but not the corresponding 50 points. Not that I'll really miss 50 points, but it would be nice to see one of these new programs work the way promised when it is rolled out. After the PointPlus debacle, I had expected a better outcome.

I'm joining erc in hoping that more important things are being addressed which is taking valuable time away from issues like badges, points, and why the MRI homepage keeps going all wonky.

On the plus side, the points for stays and bonuses are showing up in a timely manner (at least on my rewards account).

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

bejacob  Stay on top of them! Keep up the good work!

Glad the badges showed up, bejacob! I'm looking into those points for you and what's going on with that.

bejacob I've received confirmation that both the badges and corresponding points should now be reflected in your account. Let me know if you need anything else!

Yep, the points are there now. The only thing I'd like to see going forward is that badges and points post without having to request it. I've got a Marriott stay at the end of this month in D.C. which should earn me the 5-brand explorer badge (and another 50 points). I'm not particularly concerned about earning the badges and points, but since I'm eligible and signed up, I'd like to see it work properly.

Thanks for your help in sorting out this issue and heres hoping I don't have to get you involved next time (much as I like interacting with you ).

Great - thanks for letting me know! Badges and points should post without you having to request it, so please let me know if you are still having issues after your DC stay at the end of this month.

Just a quick follow up. I did get the 5-brand explorer badge (and the whopping 50 points ) as soon as the stay at the 5th brand posted to my account.

I'm still not clear whether points stays count or if it is only paid stays (I think it's only the latter, but would love clarification).

prost Gold 2 Reviews

communitymanager  Do you have to submit any stays after the fact, or is this something that just eventaully apperas?

hokiehen Silver

Gald that your badges did post.   I believe I should have 2 badges, one for staying at 2 CY and one for staying at 5 brands.  Nothing yet and I talked to CS two weeks ago and they said it would be any day.   More of a principle thing at this point.

insertcoffee Platinum

Bumping this back up.

I did a search on these badges this evening and this is the most relevant thread.

FWIW, mine still do not automagically 'happen' despite having opted in for them long ago.

Like many others, I personally couldn't care less if I had any badges; however, it is a program offered through MR and points are associated with their award.  While the points are minimal, that isn't the issue. I should not have to call MR to have them be awarded-- the system should just work. And not every agent even knows what they are, or has even heard of the program, so it can end up being multiple calls to  get them awarded, then following up to babysit the associated points.

My last go-round I called MR, the agent knew what it was (badge program), saw that yes, that badge should have been awarded long ago, and the process was.... for her to send an e-mail to someone to take action.  This is a lot of hands on activity for something this trivial.

Are other folks still having issues with the badges/points?

Thanks.

Platinum

Just an observation from an avid collector of just about anything valueless - Dividing # of days stayed by shoe size x population of disneyland on easter sunday x square root of # of hamburgers served by burger king on groundhog day usually will give you the answer you desire. Should that fail, just be patient, and the virtual goods and the recognition will be bestowed if you blink twice and recite the names of the current CM's backwards in Swahili

browncrew Gold 14 Reviews

Do you only get the badge for paid nights?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...