7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2014 3:56 PM by mikiegfla RSS

London

rkdressel Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Looking to book our first trip to London. What are your recommendations for the best Marriott property to book and why? What is the best way to use all the points we have accumulated? We are also looking for recommendations for the must see attractions and the best length of stay we will need to see everything. Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: London
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

This Marriott in heart of London is hard to beat: Mayfair Hotels London | London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Well, you've plenty of choice in London, although Marriott has bunched its city centre Marriott branded hotels mostly  within a 10 min walk of Marble Arch...

Marble Arch Marriott... Completely standard Marriott, 3 mins walk from Marble Arch, in what some would say is a slightly sketchy locality. I say it's real London...

Grosvenor Sq Marriott. This is a 5 star Marriott, in Mayfair, very close to the US embassy

Park Lane Marriott, another 5 star Mayfair offering, opposite Hyde Park and Marble Arch. Much closer to Marble Arch than the Marble Arch Marriott!

JW Grosvenor House. A full JW this one, Mayfair again, with prices matching the 5 star Marriotts above. My favourite...

The other remaining central Marriott is the County Hall, on the Thames opposite Parliament. I've not stayed but it's highly regarded.

Lastly there's the excellent St Pancras Ren, greatest exec lounge, though plats only I'm afraid. Sits on top of the tube, which is just as well because it's not really walking distance to much

There's also the Edition and 2 Autographs though I haven't stayed at these yet.

Although not quite central, the Marriott Kensington is worth considering, close to the tube and walking distance to the Museums, if that's your thing.

THe remaining Marriotts are most definitely un-central, but a lot cheaper for it. I like West India Quay and Maida Vale. There's also Regents Park and Twickenham.

Finally, if you're looking to go cheap, look at Heathrow, The Renaissance there is being refurbished and is cheap whilst the 2-year project proceeds. Free buses to and from the airport are available on the main road and the tube runs every few mins. Overall journey time to Picadilly is about 1 hour.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Great insights, brightlybob and fschumpert. Thanks for sharing! rkdressel, have a fabulous trip! How long will you be staying for?

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Other than Paris Marriott's, this is a hotly contested and sometimes contentious subject here on the Insider. Some love County Hall, others India Quay, while some prefer San Pancras and others Grosvenor. My favorite is the Park Lane Marriott, best location of them all along with great service and Executive Lounge.

Imagine a world where the only disagreement of opinions is which Marriott to stay at.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...