21 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2014 7:33 PM by razorbackfan RSS

When will Atlantis be available to book on Marriott.com?

wally3433 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When will we be able to book and earn points by staying at the Atlantis?  The original press release states Fall of 2014....was looking for a more specific date if anyone has heard of it.

Thanks,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: When will Atlantis be available to book on Marriott.com?
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I will be interested in when it will open too.  I just checked and it does not come up with Marriott reservations.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Still nothing.  This kind of stuff is infuriating. I mean, the deal is done - why can't they just make it happen.  How can there not be a human that works for Marriott or the Atlantis that says " I want the Atlantis on Marriott.com tomorrow or else".

It's like when the Renaissance North Shore told me the other day it would take them 3 weeks to post my bonus points after staying at their hotel.  Three weeks?  It should happen instantly when my credit card is charged.

Whatever.  Venting.  If this is my biggest problem today - it will have been a GREAT DAY!

erc Platinum

Here's another thing to watch out for - when they finally do come on line for booking, make certain points are awarded.

Protea, the African acquisition (like some other purchases were initially, Gaylord comes to mind) is on line but not yet involved with the Rewards program.

I share your frustration over the lack of relatively simple information. The moderators (and customers) often get the runaround from HQ, where you would at least think they would offer at least a response, even if it was to say, "we're still targeting late October as we are ironing out the final details" - or something. Oh well, like you say, hopefully this will be our most significant concern today .

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

The legal part might not be totally done.  Usually when it is you can book it on the Marriott site, even if it doesn't come on board/line up with Marriott Rewards until later. 

AC hotels & Protea come to mind, as examples of properties that were bookable but didn't earn points until several months later. 

However, properties that all the legal parts aren't done/officially doesn't own until a certain date don't appear on the website at all until the date the deal is officially legal/done deal, and then Marriott normally does a press release in addition to have the property appear on its website. 

The Paris Opera Ambassador property is an example.  It was still bookable as a Club Carlson until the day the deal technically went through, & then it dropped from CC website/showed up on Marriott website.

Cheers.

bostonbred Platinum

I called yesterday and they said to call back at the end of this week or next week and they should have a better date.  But hopefully the end of October as was said previously is correct.

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

looks like a fun resort. I hope they are flexible with points stays. I was looking into vacation spots with nice beaches. Sucks that theres not a single Marriott in the French Polynesia, seems to be dominated by intercontinental

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

Simon says, er, community manager, starting October 16th.

This link provides a lot of answers.

Marriott Rewards + Atlantis, Paradise Island FAQs

The upside:  there is now a property in the Bahamas besides a time share

The downsides:

1) Points are for room only; no F&B or any other incidental spend

2) It's a vague, non-answer on what the elite bennies are, which will probably open up a sticky wicket

3) The categories are high (7,8,9) & it shows up as 5 different properties on the website to be booked

4) Anyone who made a reservation for Atlantis before October 16th, even if the stay is after October 16th, will not receive night/points credit

Cheers.

The hotel is now on the Marriott.com website, but you cannot reserve it quite yet.

"THE SIGN IN PROCEDURE FOR THIS WEBSITE IS STUPID, JUST SAYIN"

erc Platinum

wally3433

You need to get yourself down to the Bahamas and enjoy a vacay!

I agree with you that Marriott, so far, is making it a bit of a chore to book. You go to the web site (which is now live) and they break apart all of the properties (five different ones), you click on the one you want to look at and it sends you to a broader page where you are essentially told to Call and book (old school via the phone - this would drive my Millennial offspring into communication hell, a phone... to talk? fuhgeddaboudit).

The $99 rate is pre-paid from now until 12/17 except for 11/23-11/30 (if booked by 11/18).

They say double occupancy, but then tell you kids eat free (do junior and his sister take it above double occupancy, for an additional charge? call and find out ). Ooh, don't forget the $62 nightly charge for taxes, housekeeping gratuities (wonder if they leave an envelope also) and utilities (can you opt out of lights ).

Add to that what ski pointed out above yesterday about F & B not receiving points and other elite benefits would of, could of, should of, being available and it's a smorgasbord of surprises. Head on down and let us know the scoop.

erc Platinum

The scoop, like is this a resort? Makes a big difference regarding benefits.

Properties that aren't a resort, become one just by the mere act of adding Resort to its title.

Does an Island property without the word anywhere in the title of its five Autograph Collection hotels (and I haven't found the dreaded word in any of the descriptions either) qualify as a resort?

Toss up round - NathalieF The specified item was not found. KatieC lindseyh   - anyone want to take a stab?  Thanks

I would be surprised if this is not a resort and all are right, a resort means close to no benefits.  Maybe an upgrade but no breakfast.  I wonder if one makes 7 - 1 night reservations back to back as opposed to 1 - 7 night stay, would a platinum person get 7 $10 certificates or just one?

erc Platinum

I don't know the definitive answer, but my guess would be that it would be treated as a 'continuous' stay concept similar to MegaBonus. If you pressed, they'd probably make you change rooms each night just to show you who's boss .

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi erc - Atlantis will be considered a Resort, so the and Breakfast benefit for Elites will be obsolete. At this time there is no Lounge at Atlantis, so there are no other exclusions of benefits.

skiadcock This answers your question as well!

erc Platinum

Certainly not a shocker (you ain't gettin' a like out of me for that one), but thanks for the follow up.

Still seems to be a good points opportunity for a special vacation - glad Marriott added it to the portfolio.

Now, let's land a Bermuda deal .

The Vacation Clubs offer the least recognition to elites.  Nothing except 500 points.  No upgrades, no breakfast, etc.  People still go to them and enjoy.  We have tried to show Marriott the light since Hilton gives breakfast at resorts and every day.  Marriott ignored us.  The Atlantis appears to be a desirable resort and I probably will go next fall hopefully when Ebola is under control.  Maybe I will get an upgrade.  We will see what guests report on this.

dejamo Platinum

100_0711.JPGOf course you can take the Marriott Shuttle to the site as well for a small fee.........you will see this on the way over the bridge to the resort (if you look left).  (I was just there last month before I found out that Marriott did a tuck in).     Now it looks like Breezes down the street for me.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Wow, so,this is a big thing then? I'm feelimg very much out-of-touch now

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Did anyone make reservations today?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...