4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2014 10:48 AM by scopinfl RSS

Need to Get Away!

queenshe Member
Currently Being Moderated

Do you know of a weekend (Solo) getaway under $300 within 2 hrs from DC that provides quiet time during the day and night life in the evening?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Virginia, USA
Pennsylvania, USA
Maryland, USA
  • Re: Need to Get Away!
    erc Platinum

Without knowing too many specifics (like your perception of quiet time and nightlife), I'll get the ball rolling and take a stab.  I'm starting off with the assumption, based on your location info below the post, you are talking about a two hour drive, not flight and $300 for two nights hotels, each of which of the following I've stayed at and found to be fine service:

Bethesda Md. - Residence Inn Wisconsin Ave. - you can often get rates below $150 (even less with AAA) on weekends. Avoid parking charges by parking in the Montgomery County lot around the corner which is free on weekends. Restaurants, theatre (Round House 100 yards away), night club (Bethesda Blues and Night Club), movie theatres, and lounges all within walking distance.

Alexandria Va - Spring Hill on Eisenhower Ave. - Free parking - same as above, plenty to do (Little Theatre of Alexandria, restaurants, clubs etc) Masonic Temple is a nice (free) visit during the day with a great view of DC and surrounding area.

Philadelphia - Airport Renaissance - quiet during the day (has a nice bird sanctuary) and can drive (free parking at hotel) into city for nightlife

Charlottesville
    - Fairfield Inn (non football weekends) -  can hit local wineries during day and college town, here's where definition of nightlife comes into play

Richmond - Residence Inn - Dickens Rd. (Downtown Marriott exceeds budget plus parking fee) - easy drive into downtown with clubs, restaurants, theatre and concerts etc; quiet during the day to your level of interest

others to look at;
    Baltimore - Camden Yards Marriott (but with parking goes a few above target) Inner Harbor with all of its offerings
    Annapolis - because the property is small, you seldom see the Marriott below $250 per night, but the nearby SpringHill works just fine (free parking)  excellent restaurants, the Naval Academy, water, and the Rams Head Tavern has some entertaining shows
    Dulles Va - Dulles Marriott Suites - great rates, free parking, nice pools, in a shopping area, yet quiet, Udvar Hazy Museum (Smithsonian Air and Space) is just down the road and you can go into Reston Town Center for activities at night (Next Stop Theatre is nearby with cabarets and shows)

That might get the conversation started. Good luck wherever you end up.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

queenshe Member

Perfect...Great Suggestions!!!   I like to try Bethesda.  Because I sing, I would love to check out the Blues and Night Club spot.  Philli will be my next stop.  I have friends who I can meet with for the evening outing.  Thank you so much.  Have a Blessed Week!

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

If you prefer a quiet evening, with excellent food in small, picturesque setting, within two hour drive of Washington, DC, try the Bavarian Inn: Bavarian Inn WV

You can stay in the Inn, or in a lovely cottage overlooking the Potomac River.

scopinfl Platinum

I love staying at the Marriott Richmond West hotel due to the fact that it is close the Short Pump area (great shopping and food) and a short drive to the downtown district.  The hotel is off of the roadway so it is quiet and some great breweries in the area.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...