19 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2016 1:03 PM by alisonqv RSS

Purchasing a new bed

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are in the market for a new bed and I am overwhelmed by the number of choices.  We have been impressed with the Marriott beds in the full service hotels. I remember some discussions about the beds on the Insiders site from a long time ago, but I do not remember the comments.

According to the Shop Marriott website, two types are available--a foam bed and an innerspring bed. If you have purchased a Marriott bed.....

(1)  Which bed did you choose?

(2)  Is it worth $1000+?

Thanks for your comments.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Purchasing a new bed
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I like the Westin "Heavenly bed" better.  The first time that I slept on one, I went home and bought it.  I have been happy with it.  Nordstrom used to sell them and maybe still does or you can buy direct from Westin.  Once I decided that I wanted it, I was not willing to wait to get it from Westin.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Hi, razorbackfan. We purchased a new Jamison mattress and box foundation about six months ago. (Jamison makes the Marriott bed.) While not the official "Marriott bed," the one we bought was the "Amelia" from the Jamison Resort Collection. It's a very supportive 9-inch foam mattress, which is the height given in the description of the Marriott Foam Bed, so I imagine it's comparable. The Amelia's firmness rating is "firm," and it is.

This is our first foam mattress but our third Jamison. I was a little skeptical of foam because the few times I've slept on a memory foam mattress I've always felt they were a little too "mushy." This is NOT memory foam. It's firm, cool and quiet. I'm sold. And yes, dropping $1K+ was definitely worth it. Happy dreams and slumbers!

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

We did same research (by looking under the Marriott bed to see who the manufacturer was), and then considered different types of mattress constructions (foam). We settled on a California king size (two singles together, which enable my wife and I to switch these from soft to firm occasionally, and we chose a "talalay" (natural) foam construction (manufactured by Jamison). This type foam is supposedly hypo-allergenic, if this makes a difference. Price: approximately $3,000.

We then bought a feather bed mattress cover for extra comfort - what a price to pay for a good night's sleep!!!

alisonqv Member

alisonqv Member

I bought my bed from a place called Good Morning Mattress Center - They have the same bed that's in all the Marriott but with a better price. The difference is the cover, but the construction of the mattress is exactly the same.

mikeindenver Platinum

We bought the Marriott bed 3 years ago and it is unbelievable.  The Westin bed is phenomenal too, but we adore the Marriott bed.  It's the 9" foam.  But it is not memory foam stuff; it's just like a real mattress.  We are very happy we bought it; expensive, but so what - it will last many, many years so the cost is spread out more than decade.

I was not going to reply to a razorback find, but this LSU tiger took the high road.  Geaux Tigers.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

So did this Georgia Bulldog. Go Dogs! Sic 'em!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Maybe we could start an SEC sports section on Marriott Insiders.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I so much agree with the opinions here, we spend 1/3rd of our life in bed... Invest well amd invest big!!!

I love my bed at home but its now near 10 years old and I'm definitely going to be investing in my sleep for the next decade soon. The Marriott bed is top of the list, I always have a great nights sleep at Marriott's, it's one of the reason I choose the brand.

The fact is you can go to a bed salesroom and lie on there beds one-by-one, but you'll still have little clue how comfy it will be to sleep on for the next decade, so, strange as it may sound, I'm planning a bed search via staying at Starwood, Hyatt, Hilton and Intercontinental so me and the missus can sample the dreaminess of their beds. To my mind this is an almost-untapped advantage that hotels have, the ability to demonstrate the real comfort of beds...

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

I think I might have posted this before, but the great, Marriott beds are primarily manufactured by Jamison Bedding. Instead of purchasing one of these from Marriott, we bought a Jamison "Talalay" Latex Foam California King from local mattress firm, and have been quite pleased, even though price was quite high.

downtheshore Member

I just thought I'd add this as an FYI.....I stayed at the Newport, RI  Marriot last weekend, which had just recently been renovated.  We totally enjoyed our mattress and when I called to ask about the manufacturer, I was told it was Beauty Rest, Hyde Park collection, so I guess they either changing from the Jamison or some locations use different manufacturers. 

alisonveronesi Member

Although not all hotels use the Jamison brand, most Marriott Hotels do.

I got a good deal for the Marriott Bed at a small store called Good Morning Mattress Center that ships it for free anywhere in the U.S.

Their phone number is (855) 825-4530

Ask for the Marriott Bed from Jamison.

You can also check out their website: The Marriott Bed by Jamison | Good Morning Mattress

alisonqv Member

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...