3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2015 4:20 PM by pluto77 RSS

Has anyone stayed at the Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel

bobab Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am planning at 10 day points trip to Paris in November (3rd week).  I have never stayed at a Marriott property in Paris, but stayed many times in Hilton properties (they have all been sold).  I am Platinum and have lots of points. 

I like concierge lounges because I can pop in during the day, have a beverage or a snack and continue on my way.  I believe the M.Opera is the only central Marriott property with a lounge.  I have seen mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, on the hotel but nothing from the Marriott Insiders.

Can anyone shed on light on this property?  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Has anyone stayed at the Paris Marriott Opera Ambassador Hotel
    KatieC Member

Hi bobab - Sounds like an amazing trip!!

It looks like jeanstcyr stayed there recently: http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/117159#117159. Also, LWyatt04 was at the hotel in April. They might be able to provide some intel.

Let us know if we can help with any other questions.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

scheidler1423 Platinum

Hi All,

Any update on if you stayed here or not? My wife and I are also heading to Paris from London the third week in November and are considering staying here for the same reasons. We have also seen mixed reviews. Any insight into your experiences??

Thanks!

Adam

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

We stayed at this hotel property in March 2015.  Our stay was outstanding.  We loved the property in general as well as the location.  I wouldn't say that the doormen were warm and charming, but they were certainly competent in their work.  The front desk was marvelous.  Allow me to back up.  When I made the reservation, I did half of the stay on points, the other half with cash.  The cash reservation was for an executive guest room.  The points reservation was for a superior room, which at the time, or perhaps for the dates we wanted, was all that was offered.  I wanted a guarantee that we could have the executive room for the entire stay, as 1) I wanted the best room we could get, and 2) didn't want to have to pack up and switch rooms mid-stay.  I wrote to the hotel with an inquiry.  They responded that while they would do their best to provide the executive room for the entire stay, but they couldn't make any up-front guarantees.  I wrote back and asked if a cash upgrade was possible.  They responded, yes of course.  So we did the cash upgrade.  Would we have been complimentary upgraded as platinum guests otherwise?  Guess we'll never know.  When we arrived, we were very welcomed by the front desk.  They had all of the details regarding our stay and the upgrade without us having to mention it.  They seemed ready for us.  We were given an executive room one floor below the CL level that faced Boulevard Haussmann.

The room was fantastic.  It was spacious, had a sitting area, a huge window with balcony, tons of amenities.  It also had a nice sized foyer, which is where we stored our luggage, underneath a long, tall table in the foyer.  The marble bathroom was off of the foyer and it was large and beautiful.  The room was very fresh and up-to-date.  Nothing dated, tired or worn out.  Everything like new.

Later by accident, they found out that it was my mom's birthday.  They rolled out the red carpet.  While sitting in the lobby waiting for me to run an errand, she was immediately treated to a complimentary glass of wine and nibblies, and presented a gift certificate for a free dinner of her choice in the restaurant (guess where we dined that evening, and yes, dinner was excellent.)  When my mom was presented with these birthday gifts and wishes, a staff member stayed and visited with her in the lobby for quite a long time.  The associate seemed in absolutely no hurry to rush off, even though it was a busy hotel in the middle of Paris.  I thought it to be a kind gesture.  When we returned to the room later, there was a beautiful tray of dessert bites along with a bottle of wine and more birthday felicitations.

We only utilized the CL a couple of times before the dinner hour.  The drinks were complimentary and the appetizers were appealing.  While not the best I've ever been in, the CL was nice, of medium size and one of the windows boasts a view of the Eiffel Tower.  Complimentary breakfast was served in the restaurant off of the lobby, and we enjoyed it.  The best complimentary breakfast ever?  No, but still good.

We were happy with the location, right behind the Garnier Opera House, and near some great shopping and dining.  The metro is very close.  There are slightly more centrally located Paris Marriotts, but I love, LOVE trying different ones each visit, in order to experience the different neighborhoods and we love to walk.  I will happily return to this hotel property someday.

About the negative reviews that you may have read.  I have come to the conclusion that at the different Paris Marriott hotels, there are a number of different room types within each hotel, and of course some are much better than others.  For instance, our stay at this hotel in March, provided us with a spacious room with very comfortable room temps.  Others have complained about tiny rooms that were very hot, even in the winter.  I myself have experienced this, though not at this hotel (at another hotel, the Marriott Rive Gauche, where our room was teeny, tiny and miserably - yes, miserably hot. On the other hand, others who have stayed at the Rive Gauche were given large, comfortable rooms that they just loved.  So I think it just depends on 1) availability, and 2) your ability to communicate and advocate for yourself.  If you know what you want, ie. street view or corner room or a charming room that you heard about from your friends who stayed and loved it, and then go on to describe the room, etc. etc. etc., I think you may have a better shot at getting something at least halfway special.  Express your hopes and display your emotional investment and prior knowledge of what you're aware might be available for the asking, and hopefully you can get them to hop on board your enthusiasm train and want to meet your expectations and excitement about staying in their "great" hotel.  Let them know you're just as excited about their hotel as you are about just being in Paris.  Also, if you can swing the cash upgrades, I say go for it.  It's worth the investment.

Room

IMAG5117w.jpg

SAM_0298w.jpg

IMAG5119w.jpg

SAM_0403w.jpg

SAM_0399w.jpg

SAM_0402w.jpg

CL on 6th floor

SAM_0396w.jpg

SAM_0395w.jpg

Just around the corner from the Hotel

SAM_0404w.jpg

Whoa, I guess I got a bit carried away with this post.  Enjoy your trip!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...