3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2014 6:57 PM by erc RSS

"Standard room" at a a Residence Inn?

gactravel1 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hello All,

I'm brand new to this forum (and Marriott Rewards for that matter).  I have a question about what how I can use my points at a Residence Inn:

I have a 6-night reservation in December for a 2-bedroom suite at a Res. Inn in Washington DC.  Can I use my points for any of these nights, since it is a 2-bedroom suite?  I guess I'm asking if this is considered a "standard" room, in terms of redemption?  Thank you. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: "Standard room" at a a Residence Inn?
    missgee Silver 40 Reviews

When you get to the "Room Rate" page under reservations, check the little box which says "Use Rewards Points".  If the option for a 2-bedroom is not shown (assuming they even have a 2-bedroom), give the property a call and ask to speak with the reservations manager.  They may be able to help you out.

Welcome to Insiders, gactravel1!  You will find lots of friendly members with a minefield of information.

Just as an aside... the Residence Inn Arlington Pentagon City is a really great property. 

Pentagon Hotel | Residence Inn Suites in Arlington VA

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

walksoftly Gold 4 Reviews

I agree with the advice of missgee. Don't give up if there is no option for a 2-bedroom suite with Rewards Points. I have had the experience at another Residence Inn where the option for a 2-bedroom suite did not appear, but a phone call to the reservations manager at the hotel led to his agreement to allow the reservation with points if there were 2 bedroom suites available several days before my scheduled check in.  There were and I was able to use the points.

erc Platinum

Going along with both missgee and walksoftly, I agree that contacting the hotel is vital. Residence Inns regard the studio as their standard, although often you can secure a one bedroom for the same amount of points. I haven't seen a two bedroom offered for points on the Marriott.com site (they may be out there - I just haven't seen one), but I have been able to secure a two bedroom or a penthouse loft/suite with points - standard award with an upgrade charge. It was a couple of years ago, I'm thinking it was 5k per night - but it doesn't matter anyway, it is whatever you and the GM agree upon today. Good luck.

Update:  I found a two bedroom that takes points (meaning - it is possible)  Hunt Valley Residence Inn - Baltimore, Md.

Note that it asks for two (10k per night) upgrades. So I'd call the hotel and speak to a decision maker and see if they would be willing to do likewise (and if not, then at least try walksoftly's effective outcome, to try to have it done if the rooms aren't sold).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...