9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2014 8:44 AM by superchief1 RSS

Sabal Palms Questions

willmoac Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have just received our exchange confirmation for Marriott's Sabal Palms for August 2015.

I have a few questions;

1. Is there on-site shop?
  2. Are the on-site restaurants on the resort or part of Marriott World Center?
  3. If using other facilities in Marriott World Center can I charge back to my villa account at Sabal Palms?
  4. Is a daily housekeeping service included in exchange weeks?

Any answers would be gratefully appreciated before I accept the exchange offer.

Thanks,

Tony

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando, Florida, USA Marriott Vacation Club Intl Marriott's Sabal Palms
  • Re: Sabal Palms Questions
    KatieC Member

We'll look into this for you, willmoac. Thanks for posting!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

KatieC Member

Ok, I've got some info for you willmoac. My apologies for the delay.

In regards to on-site shopping and dining that is only available at the World Center. You will be able to charge anything at the World Center to your room. Daily housekeeping is not included. Please note that there is also an additional fee assessed. You should contact the property directly for details on that.

I hope this helps! Keep us posted on your plans.

Hi Katie C,

Thanks for your response,  and the information you have provided.

I am trying to find out the front desk email address for Sabal Palms so I can make contact and also find out about the housekeeping charges. I have emailed MVCI Owner Services to get this and awaiting their reply.

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

Hi Tony,

You said you received confirmation of the exchange. Are you a Marriott timeshare owner?  If so, you can most certainly call the "800" number and discuss your questions with a Vacation Owner Advisor.  I prefer talking over email.

Our family stayed at Imperial Palms about 5-6 years ago.  Very nice resort also in the "World Center" locale.

We are familiar with the central Florida area (WDW, Etc.) so we are aware of the local grocery stores in the area.

The resort will also be able to give you directions.

Housekeeping for exchangers will cost a fee-depending on how much 'cleaning' you want done.

Tidy up services versus Full Clean.  We've not utilized the 'cleaning' services as we are usually there for only a week.

It's a good 'teaching tool' for the grandkids to make their own beds and help set-up/clean up after meals.

They will exchange the bath towels is need be for no charge.

Have fun!

Hi Pointjunkie,

Thanks for that, I have requested the email address for Sabal Palms from both MVCI European Services and Marriott Rewards (Europe). Unfortunately as yet I have not had a response.

We are owners in Paris, so I will call the European toll free number to get the email address and then get in touch with Sabal Palms. If necessary I will call the resort direct.

Many Thanks,

Tony

pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

Hopefully someone will get back to you with that information.  Ah yes, the Paris resort is wonderful! My husband and I enjoyed staying there back in 2005. My 3 years of high school French classes helped a lot. Haha!  At least I tried. :-)  Next time we go back, we must take family along. Je t'aime Paris!

Hi,

Yeah I finally got the email addresses I wanted by calling MVCI Europe in Ireland this morning. I will get in touch with the resorts now.

We've only stayed once in the Paris resort probably around 2007 or 2008, we prefer to head over to one of the Spanish resorts to get the better weather. Our favourite Spanish resort is Playa Andaluza.

Hi All,

I finally managed to get an email address for both Lakeshore Reserve and Sabal Palms, it took a while, but I have now established contact with the front desk team at each resort.

Tony

superchief1 Platinum

All three of the MVC timeshares at the World Center are nice resorts and well run properties. Sabal Palms is the closest to the World Center facilities and a short walk to the fitness center and pools. Keep in mind that parking is free at Sable Palms, and the only resort fee is for use the water slides. I think it is $10 per villa for the day(s) you want to use the water slides. The GM for all three of these resorts is great, and I have found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...