4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2014 2:54 PM by KatieC RSS

Company-paid earned points

texasfinance Silver
Currently Being Moderated

I recently stayed in a Marriott Marquis, and my company picked up the check.  I was later told that, since the company paid, I don't get the credits in my account.  I know the company doesn't get them.  Does this sound correct?  Most of my travel is for business, so how am I supposed to accumulate points?  If I'm not going to get points, I'm not going to try to stay at a Marriott. 

Does this seem right?

Thank you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Company-paid earned points
    KatieC Member

Thanks for posting. We'll look into this for you, texasfinance!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

for me I think you only get points when you pay the bill. So I have tried to make sure even if the company makes the reservation I actually pay the bill

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

If it's a 'master bill' to the company you will not get the points.  If it's a stay you pay for (whether on personal credit card or company credit card, & whether you made the reservation or the corporate travel agent did) you will get the points. 

Cheers.

KatieC Member

Ok, here's what I was able to find out: It all comes down to how it is billed. If you are part of a group master account, the stay is ineligible for points/Elite/promotion credit. However, if your charges are being direct-billed to your company (and assuming you are staying at a qualifying rate), you would be eligible for points/Elite/promotion credit.

If the latter is the case you can email a copy of the receipt into the Marriott Rewards office Marriottrewards@marriott.com, or we can have someone contact you directly. Hope this is helpful!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...