1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 28, 2014 11:17 AM by bejacob RSS

Combing Getaway Promotion and Mileage Plus question

jmessi1 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello all,

Question regarding the combined Marriott United MileagePlus promotion where you can earn 1000 UAL miles per stay at a participating Marriott.

I states that "Members can elect to earn miles or points for base stay under this promotion and must make selection in their profile when making reservation".   However, it also says "Make sure your preferred airline is United Airlines to earn with this promotion!."

It sounds like I can have my account set to earning points.. while still getting the bonus miles?  If yes, does this mean I can combine it with the summer getaway promotion which doubles my points up after my second stay?

One of the participating hotels is near my house, so it would be nice if I can combine these two promotions... get a lot of points, some miles, and a night out on the town.

Thanks for any insight on this!

Sincerely,

John Messina

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Combing Getaway Promotion and Mileage Plus question
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

jmessi1, you can combine the promotions exactly as you describe. The 1000 UA bonus miles are awarded for staying at specific hotels through October 31 (provided you book by Sept. 5). You can earn up to 5000 UA miles and will still earn MR points (and nights) for those stays.

Book now, and earn points, miles, and the promotion bonus.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...