1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 30, 2014 8:07 PM by missgee RSS

Help on Travel to Southern Italy - Isle of Capri

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Planning trip to Italy in November, and wondering if any of MRI have any experiences to share regarding Island of Capri, off coast of Sorrento. No Marriott facility on Capri anymore,  but considering Hotel Excelsior on beach.

Also, I assume, from other reports, staying in Sorrento - such as Grand Hotel La Favorita - would be better than staying at Marriott Renaissance in Naples, particularly for visiting Amalfi Coast. Believe Professor recently mentioned Grand Hotel Capodimonte in Naples ? Never been south of Rome, so any thoughts/suggestions from MRI's would be most appreciated!

Plan to take train from Naples to Rome for a couple of nights there. We've stayed at Grand Flora before, but considering Marriott Boscolo near train station, as many have posted good reports about this hotel. Then, we're off via train to Florence and visits via auto in  Tuscany (San Gimignano, Siena, Lucca, Barga) ending up in Venice - probably at Marriott Boscolo, where we last stayed a couple of nights, to cap off trip with business visit north of Venice (Cittadella), all of which I'm familiar.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Naples, Italy Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Naples Hotel Mediterraneo
  • Re: Help on Travel to Southern Italy - Isle of Capri
    missgee Silver 40 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

We absolutely loved the Regina Cristina, within walking distance of La Piazzetta.  I just loved walking the streets at night after the day tourists had come and gone.  I can't recall the name of the hotel where we stayed in Rome, but it was fabulous.  That's one thing I love about Italy.  You pull up to a nondescript door and think "Oh God, what have I gotten myself into?"  And then you open the door and it's like a chorus of angels start singing.  Wherever you stay, I am sure it will be absolutely wonderful.  It sounds like an amazing trip.

Hotel Regina Cristina Palace Capri - Official Site - 4 Star Hotel Capriiazzetta

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...