Here's an article about a flight tool http://www.yapta.com/ that appears potentially very productive.
Highlights of the article;
1) Service sends you an alert when your purchased airline ticket goes down in price either within the no penalty 24 hour period (or in the fare lock range you've purchased from airline - sometimes up to seven days) or should the price decline more than the change penalty.
2) Service is free to individual consumers (savings split for corporations)
3) One company that used it and saved money, stated that 90% of their savings were from the first 24 hour changes
4) Yapta also offers service for hotels - but currently only for corporations
worth a look
Good Stuff! Sounds like a great service and one that I will keep in mind for possible use in the future. Currently I have a free membership with TripIt Pro which is a perk of the Barclay Travel Card. The TripIt Pro service also tracks your airline purchases and alerts you when you can make a claim. But its definitely good to know there are other options out there. I'm proud of you getting all high tech with your travel.
I read and share so you night owls (posting after midnight, you party animal, you) will try it out and teach me.
Have a great Labor Day weekend (and don't dare watch that UVA/UCLA game, it could get ugly).
1) Yes, I was starting to get that feeling that it had been around, as Sg and Vaboy, who have been using
I'm running on phonograph speed in a Spotify world. When I finally catch an Uber ride from my Airbnb, travelers will no doubt be using teleportation devices.
2) No, it doesn't tie into Marriott Rewards, at least not yet, since it doesn't offer hotel info for individuals, only corporations, but at Insiders where our quest is to Stick it to The Man, all potential resources are shared and the players pick and choose.
Keep on keepin' on, my superstar pal from another forum .