7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2014 3:12 PM by erc RSS

A Tool to Help Find Lower Airfares

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Here's an article about a flight tool  http://www.yapta.com/ that appears potentially very productive.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/yapta-alerts-you-to-a-cheaper-airfare-in-time-to-rebook-your-flight-1409181787

Highlights of the article;
1) Service sends you an alert when your purchased airline ticket goes down in price either within the no penalty 24 hour period (or in the fare lock range you've purchased from airline - sometimes up to seven days) or should the price decline more than the change penalty.
2) Service is free to individual consumers (savings split for corporations)
3) One company that used it and saved money, stated that 90% of their savings were from the first 24 hour changes
4) Yapta also offers service for hotels - but currently only for corporations

worth a look

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: A Tool to Help Find Lower Airfares
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

erc,

Thanks for sharing!

This may be the "Way of the future"!

There has to be a better way to fly and save time/money at the same time!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

erc

Good Stuff!  Sounds like a great service and one that I will keep in mind for possible use in the future.  Currently I have a free membership with TripIt Pro which is a perk of the Barclay Travel Card.  The TripIt Pro service also tracks your airline purchases and alerts you when you can make a claim.  But its definitely good to know there are other options out there. I'm proud of you getting all high tech with your travel.

erc Platinum

High tech, that's a good one (I'm still trying to find the phone number for 411).

I read and share so you night owls (posting after midnight, you party animal, you) will try it out and teach me.

I'm off to National Harbor next week to do some Potomac River kayaking and will be sure to ride the wheel in your honor, don't be sad when I get my wheel badge before you !

Have a great Labor Day weekend (and don't dare watch that UVA/UCLA game, it could get ugly).

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

I suspect the UCLA Game will not be the only ugly game this year.  I doubt if I can bring myself to watch it.  Have a good time this weekend!  Take some pics from the Big Wheel.

sg1974 Gold

Fare alerts can be very helpful.

I was receiving a fare alert from Kayak for a US trip at the end of the year.

It paid off, now I won't need to worry about how much I win on the tables in Las Vegas!

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

Hasn't that been around for a while?  It's mostly tied into flights vs. hotels, so not quite certain how it ties into MR.  But good for folk to know if they're not aware of it.

Cheers.

erc Platinum

1) Yes, I was starting to get that feeling that it had been around, as Sg and Vaboy, who have been using

price alerts for years, so kindly informed me above . Oh well; no harm, no foul.

I'm running on phonograph speed in a Spotify world. When I finally catch an Uber ride from my Airbnb, travelers will no doubt be using teleportation devices.

2) No, it doesn't tie into Marriott Rewards, at least not yet, since it doesn't offer hotel info for individuals, only corporations, but at Insiders where our quest is to Stick it to The Man, all potential resources are shared and the players pick and choose.

Keep on keepin' on, my superstar pal from another forum .

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...