50 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2014 11:19 AM by NathalieF RSS

Changes to MRI Page?

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Today when I click on "Marriott rewards insiders" logo at the upper right corner it now shows me everything new including reviews ('Destinations') and no longer the just the other topics.  By clicking there it was easy to see all of the new discussions and not the reviews.  I was able to click on 'Hotel Reviews' to see those which I did frequently.  This makes it hard to find the general discussions and get involved.  Anyone else notice this?  I personally find it frustrating ... I liked the 'one stop shopping' that I had before.

It also looks like maybe this page is still under construction?  I also noticed that the user 'rankings' is by total points and not points for the month.

Is there something I am missing?

Kim

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Changes to MRI Page?
    tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

It all looks just the same as it always has to me.  There is nothing different.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

When I'm not logged in, the page is as I like it.  When I am logged in the page is loading different.

Oh well, just curious if anyone had the same issues or any suggestions.

Kim

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

I am the same as Tommo; it looks exactly the same to me.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Guess what.  I just logged in and got what Frogs was saying about.  Everything in order of posting on the front page, and rankings by total, not just for the month.  What is going on KatieC?  This new layout that I have now seen for myself is very, very confusing.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

This is weird.  I logged out after posting the above, went out for a couple of hours, and have just come back.  I have logged in again, and it is back to the old format.  What on earth is going on?

KatieC Member

Checking on it - Stay tuned!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Well, we all stayed tuned, KatieC  but didn't hear any more.  And guess what, I sign in this morning to find it has all gone pear shaped again.  The front page is nothing but hotel reviews.

Please, please get this sorted.  It is very frustrating!

erc Platinum

I first wrote about this Tuesday in kharada46's thread Hotels Mimicking Airlines (I swear I think I am ground zero for all of Marriott's web site shenanigan's).  I had noticed it over the weekend, but figured "there they go again".

Like Tommo, mine has changed back and forth with three different iterations - currently I get the total credits list with the current threads; previously I had the monthly credit with the threads including hotel reviews, and the total credits with the hotel reviews. I'm confident they're testing to see which one irritates us the most . I don't care about the credits, but I sure don't want to see the forum clogging hotel reviews pop up again.

I have come to the conclusion that it is a grand scheme on Marriott's part to constantly keep us guessing and off balance. This is easily the seventh or eighth time these type of 'rollout' changes (as in, different groups get different formats) have occurred to the site since I've been around and the original players were writing about this stuff in '08 and '09, so I don't anticipate any going forward strategic change by Marriott.

Regardless of what any (should any) Marriott rep responds with - trust me - it will happen again and the improvement ratio will run around 50% (again, IMO). Same with the Marriott.com site, where finding deals becomes more difficult the moment you get up the previous learning curve - aah, but we have badges!

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

lol!  erc, you are ground zero for all shenanigans my friend!  But I wholeheartedly agree.  I can't stand these constant changes, though the worst part is the return of the reviews in the activity. 

Badges... I still can't believe they aren't retroactive!  Is it really that hard to do?  And what about the changes to the Insiders Community we wanted to see like mobile compatibility.  I believe it was supposed to have happen in the spring of this year, but has yet to come to fruition. 

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

I have attached two photo's showing the difference.  This may help.  When signed in as 'GUEST' I get the more friendly layout that I used to see.  I have highlighted the interest nuances on the screen when I am logged in.  Hope this helps anyone from Marriott if they are looking into these issues.

NOTE:  I tired to put the pictures in the post itself but it wasn't taking them ....

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi Frogs, erc, Tommo781 and bejacob,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I can assure you that there are no functional changes being made to the platform at this time, so at the moment I'm unsure of why some of you are seeing different layouts.

Thanks for the screen shots Frogs, I'll definitely use them when I bring this up.

Is anyone seeing anything any different than what Frogs and erc have already pointed out? Let me know.

Thanks!

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I've just encountered the same issues. Perhaps the IT folks are experimenting. It's a bit disconcerting, but hopefully it's a short-lived problem.

erc Platinum

Experimenting or not, it's very disappointing to me, at least, that they would once again utilize  Hotel Reviews merging with travel posts. Reviews have a specific area, are easy to find and already show up in the Activity link, if not excluded.

Should Hotel Reviews be Segregated?

Increase in number of hotel reviews

We spent four months last year (August through December) thoroughly discussing difficulties following threads (as Frogs points out in her post above) created by the reviews clogging up the system.

As has been written before in this forum (by folks who have left), one of Marriott's biggest advantages is the turnover of forum participants, allowing Marriott to often start fresh on previous agreements, benefits, and commitments.

Yeah, yeah, I know, there's bigger fish to fry - but as a recipient of 'death by a thousand cuts' of rewards benefits (remember, I'm not one that treats the points as 'freebies or gifts' but rather terms of an economic purchase - nor do I consider Fairfield breakfasts free, but included) these 'minor' changes every so often serve as canaries in the coal mine (can you say Certificates? ).

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

I'm currently seeing 19 reviews out of 26 total topics. Obviously, we've all been infected with VCR (Viral Creeping Reviews).

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

The weird part is that it doesn't happen every time you visit the home page (even during the same session). Truly odd.

Okay, new MRI homepage quandary: Could some younger, hipper soul explain to Cretaceous remnants such as erc, IAH and me how to "edit your widget" when "widget content [is] currently unavailable"? Personally, I prefer my widget unedited and unadulterated, thank you very much!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Some time ago I had a full, in depth discussion about widgets with my 17 year old godson, who knows all about such things in minute detail.

I am still none the wiser.  So include me with foxglove, erc and IAHFLYR.

erc Platinum

HELP! What is a sidebar and how do I edit/add widgets?

I always edit my widgets when I move the clocks and change the smoke alarm batteries.

Far East Man Platinum 1 Reviews

Looks the same to me too.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Yes, it does at the moment.  But it keeps coming and going.  Yesterday it wss fine.  This morning it was all wrong again.  Now it is back to normal.  But this has happened several times over the past few days.  It just keeps happening!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Well, here we go again.  Front page fine when I loaded Insiders a few minutes ago.  But when I logged in it is all wrong again.  Showing total number of points instead of monthly total.  And everything on the front page is hotel reviews.  KatieC and The specified item was not found. can someone please sort this out!

Hi Insiders,

Thank you for your feedback! There is definitely a glitch of some sort going on, and the developers are still looking into this issue of why some of you are seeing a different homepage than others. The specified item was not found. KatieC and I have been unable to replicate it ourselves.

I hope to share a better update with you tomorrow. Thank you for your patience!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Here we go again!  Logged in this morning, and I have the same sort of things as I copied further up the thread.

First page - nearly all hotel reviews.  NathalieF, a week ago you were going to let us know what is going on.  The next day I sent you the copy of the page as you couldn't replicate it.  Since then - nothing!  This is getting very trying.  If I keep getting this "glitch" it will put me off even logging on, let alone joining in.

Same here Tommo781!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Don't take this the wrong way kharada46, but GOOD!  If there are more than me, perhaps something will get done.  Then again ............................................

lol, you'd hope so Tommo781!  But, as you say.............................................................

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

NathalieF.  I am no computer expert.  Far from it.  But I think I may have a possible answer to the "glitch".  This morning, when I logged in to Insiders and got all the hotel reviews and overall rankings, I was already logged in on a separate tab to my Rewards account to check an upcoming booking.  I logged out of my Rewards account, and refreshed the Insiders page.  Still all the hotel reviews etc.  So I came out of the internet altogether, then went back in and signed in again to Insiders.  Result - the normal Insiders page.

So it seems to me that in my case at least, there is a conflict between Insiders and Rewards when both are loaded during the same internet session.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Sorry I cannot be part of this as I always log into my Rewards account and then click on the MI link, have yet to see all the reviews pop up.  Maybe it's just me and the ole geezer 286 I'm using!!

Sorry to go a little off-topic, but hey, IAHFLYR, look quick! The Texans and Falcons are both 1-0 and sitting atop their divisions. WOO-HOO!

Okay, back to the topic: It's baaaa-aack! And I just tried Tommo781's suggested fix to no avail.

Off topic again, hey foxglove how in the heck did that happen?

Tommo781, just keep logging into your rewards account and all should be good rather than signing into MI first.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I think I am being thick IAHFLYR  I logged into my rewards account this morning, but cannot see any link to MI.  It was on the first page, but disappeared after I had logged in.  Where is it please?

Tommo781,

After you log into the rewards account select "Account Overview" and it will be located on the right side of the page bottom 1/3 of the new page that opens.  It's under "Program News".

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Nope, still can't find it IAHFLYR  Could it be that I am automatically on the UK Page for Rewards and you are on the US one?  If I click on Program News, all I get is the Archive.

Wish I could be more help, it's the best I've got!

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

But IAHFLYR, I thank you very much for trying!

Tommo781  I'm not sure if y'all in the UK have a different looking screen on your MR account page, but here's what IAHFLYR's talking about: Lower right, Marriott Rewards Insider link:

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Well!  This is what I have got foxglove which explains why I can't find it!

Where you have Program News etc followed by an Insiders link, all I have go is an advert for a Marriott Credit Card - which I have got anyway!

Marriott Rewards
                Credit Card
                Representative
                16.9% APR Variable

10,000 bonus points +
                10 Elite Nights each year

NathalieF, why haven't I got the same link here in the UK?

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Oh foxglove & IAHFLYR Guess what!  I just went into the menu for my account overview page, and changed it from England to US.  And now I have got the same as you.  Why can't these things be consistent????????????

Glad to hear it.

Good to read you figured it out Tommo781, but you do ask a very good question. Consistency should be expected.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I could be very controversial IAHFLYR and say that consistency and Marriott are words that do not belong in the same sentence.  But I won't.

Fine, I can and will.!

Marriott Hotels are consistently changing benefits for loyal reward members that have diluted the program and greatly lowered my !00% stay in hotel rooms at Marriott properties I had from 1990 until 2014. 

Thanks Tommo781! Information like this is helpful for me to share with the developers. I'm still waiting on information from them - I don't think this is an easy fix. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

Hey Insiders! It looks like everything is back to normal and the Homepage issue has been fixed! Let me know if you are still seeing this issue.