13 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2014 10:31 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Lounge Meets

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I know JerryCoin more than anyone else has made a real effort to connect with other Insiders.  Could I (self-described hermit though I am) suggest that when we are in a given airport lounge for a significant period of time we send out an email that could be titled under Other Topics:

Ex: Skyteam, Terminal A: ProfChiara here, any MRIs also present? It's not actually so unlikely, since I ran into one of my colleagues who teaches Russian history in that same lounge quite unexpectedly.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lounge Meets
    clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I seem to end up at the United Clubs in O'Hare a lot as United likes to strand me for hours on end!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

It's part of the "Friendly Skies" concept.......they enjoy trapping passengers!!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

ProfChiara,

Great idea!

I will be doing the messages from the lounges!  I must tell clebert and you how much I have enjoyed meeting fellow MRI's!  The most fascinating, was "Stumbling" into a wonderful zukracer, in the cl at County Hall in London!  My room was not ready, and he saw me on the computer in the cl responding to MRI questions.  I never asked him if he knew who I was, or being as friendly as he was, just noticed the Marriott web site?

Hope I can see many MRI's in a few weeks in London!

KatieC Member

Love this! Will definitely post a message from the lounge next time I travel.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Will be in the LH Senator Lounge in FRA pretty soon for a few hours.

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

I like this idea!  Thanks for suggesting it!  I am normally in the LGA Delta lounge on Thursday afternoons and will post I'm there as I remember.

Any other travel I will definitely put it out there ... maybe Brazil this fall and Moscow next year sometime.

Happy Travels!

Kim

Hi all,

I'm in Boston Terminal A Skyclub for the next two hours !

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Wish I was closer because I had an easy schedule today and could have driven down to meet you!  This is a great idea; please let us know if you'd like company in those lounges, Insiders!

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

I would post but my iPad is not compatible with Marriott Insiders. 

missgee,

So sorry to hear about your ipad is not compatible with MRI!

Others have expressed the same experience.  Hope it will be fixed!

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I don't have any issues posting to MRI from my iPad.  Doing it right now.  Wonder what is causing your issue.

Quelle surprise!  The Air France Lounge in Paris CDG (where I am now) has entirely made up for what the horrible Air France lounge in Boston Terminal E did to me in June.  I didn't sleep well on the plane, mostly because I was talking to the flight attendants who do not seem to care for their management (I am being delicate).  After getting my next boarding pass in Paris I went to the AF lounge for my 8 hour layover (3 left) and nearly collapsed.

Then I freaked out.  I realized I had left my essential medications in the seat back pocket of the plane.  I assumed by the time I had searched every bit of my carry on four times that it was too late and that I would be consuming huge doses of aspirin and whatever any kindly disposed pharmacist in Sorrento might give me.  Then I heared my name paged, and after verifying my passport, the receptionists handed me my medicine.  Bravo for AF (and Delta, because for some strange reason Delta gave me an all-AF ticket with the first leg operated by Delta as a codeshare).

ProfChiara,

"There is a God"!

Congratulations on you AF experience!  I have enjoyed that CDG lounge, and loved the breakfast there!  Good luck, the rest of your trip!  You are off to a good start!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...