4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2014 10:22 AM by fschumpert RSS

Atlanta- Ritz-Carlton or Courtyard?

Book_Worm Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I currently have reservations at both the Ritz Carlton and the Courtyard Atlanta Downtown for a weekend trip. I am a platinum premier member. I have read VERY mixed reviews for both hotels, so I am torn. It is a points visit, and I am hoping for a very positive experience.

Does anyone have experience at either of these hotels? And if you are a platinum (or PP), was this valued?

Many thanks for your help.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
  • Re: Atlanta- Ritz-Carlton or Courtyard?
    chrisahx Platinum

You will not be disappointed in either The Ritz downtown or Buckhead, both are impecable properties.  You can also merge your Marriott rewards account with Ritz Carltons new program and recei e even better benefits.  I would nit recommend any Courtyard Atlanta property over either Ritz Carlton in Atlanta.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I thought this was a trick question. 

My gut reaction was "Is it possible that any CY could be better than a RC?"

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Book_Worm,

You may also give consideration to the JW Marriott in Buckhead.  It's an excellent property that was just recently remodeled.  It's located next door to the Lennox mall and there is also a Marta station across the street that would give you easy access to downtown Atlanta.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Haven't stayed at Ritz, but it is convenient to Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza for shopping, and is very nice, along with hosts of restaurants, but so are the JW and Marriott Hotel and the Residence Inn.  The Courtyard is several blocks away from Lenox, but quite nice, and so is the Spring Hill Suites.  I've stayed also numerous times at Fairfield Inn Suites on Piedmont Rd, about 1/2 mile from Lenox.

If interested in restaurant recommendations in Buckhead area, I'd recommend the Atlanta Fish Market, Pharr Rd. (ou favorite); Houstons on Lenox Rd., Atlanta Bakery (lunch);  Maggiano's, Peachtree Rd.; Pricci (Italian), Pharr Rd.; Blue Ridge Grill, West Paces Ferry Rd., just off I-75, 3 miles from Lenox.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...