5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 11, 2014 8:47 AM by fschumpert RSS

Clock Towers

sg1974 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

how many have you seen?

which one's are missing off this list that you consider worth seeing?

17 of the world's most beautiful clock towers - Telegraph

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England
  • Re: Clock Towers
    erc Platinum

In spite of its infamy, I always found the University of Texas Clock Tower in Austin Texas to be attractive

http://www.cwrl.utexas.edu/~bump/images/arch/tower/290px-UT-Tower-in-Orange.jpg

And as an example of beauty is in the eye of the beholder - one of my favorite "clock towers" was the Longines clock (it was a 'tower' to me) above Griffith Stadium in Washington DC where I saw my first dozen or so baseball games to be one of my favorites with warm memories (no, I didn't see the Mick's blast below - I wasn't born yet

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/images/uploads/article/mlb_a_mantle22_cr_600.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Yes, the UT Clock Tower is gorgeous as well as the Piazza San Marco in Venice.

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

I have been blessed to have seen the Clock Tower in Prague many times for business travel.  It never got old seeing it as I entered Old Town almost every evening during my stays.

curiousone Platinum

Boston Custom House. This is a Marriott time share property. There is a public walkway located above the clocks that gives awesome views of Boston, day or night. The Custom House is located perfectly for visiting Boston. There is a T-Rail stop right outside the front door of the Custom House which will take you just about anywhere you would want to go. The pictures were taken from the Rose Kennedy Parkway which is a park built on top of the Big Dig tunnel.

Boston Custom House 01.jpg

Boston Custom House 02.jpg

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

@sg1974 - Here are a few of my photos.....

IMG-20110608-00184.jpg

Tower overlooking Halifax, Nova Scotia, from hilltop citadel

Holland-2014 005.jpg

Church in Amsterdam (during canal boat tour)

Holland & Paris 060.jpgSame, Amsterdam

Clock Tavern, Westport-5.jpg

What about this one in Ireland ? Does it qualify .... not exactly a tower?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...