3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2014 2:25 AM by panusr RSS

Theft from Room - Claim Manager of No Assistance

lpg Member
Currently Being Moderated

My husband and I live in Dallas and recently stayed at the JW Marriott in Chicago. After checking out, we left our bags with the front desk as there were a few hours between our checkout time and our plane departure. We returned to find an item missing from our suitcase.

Until that point, my stay at the Marriot was fantastic and even afterwards, the Front Desk Manager, Loss Prevention Rep and staff were all very apologetic and offered as much assistance as possible and reassured me that the occurrence wasn't taken lightly and that it would be taken care of.

Today, I received a call from the claims dept in Dallas the representative I spoke with destroyed all confidence I had in the issue being resolved. She was abrasive, and spoke to me as if my "small claim" wasn't of importance. Each question I asked was met with opposition and mention of policy and processes. I know a $130 valued item may not seem like much to many, but to my husband and I - a loss is a loss. Because it was established and confirmed the item was lost while in custody of the JW Marriott, we were originally assured we would be reimbursed if the item couldn't be found, now the new rep is saying we will not be reimbursed  without original receipt.

I'm just at a loss for words regarding this rep - this is NOT the quality of care I expected from the JW or its representatives and it isn't consistent with the Spirit to Serve. I even mentioned my dissatisfaction to her, calling out her tone, lack of concern for my personal loss and the quality of service we were receiving from her and she told me she didn't work in customer service - she was handling the claim.

Is there anyone that can provide me with more information regarding the claims/loss process and how the reimbursement process works? I really need to replace the item soon and I honestly dont have an extra $130 to spend especially when I am not confident at all that any action will be taken to rectify/reimburse from my claim manager. Any assistance anyone is able to provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

LPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Theft from Room - Claim Manager of No Assistance
    cjkatl Platinum

Call the hotel back instead of dealing directly with the people in Dallas. Talk to the people you were previously talking to at the hotel. Your loss was suffered at the hotel, which is not owned by Marriott. The people at the hotel will likely be more helpful and understanding.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Good advice cjkatl

panusr Platinum 1 Reviews

I had a theft problem a couple years back while staying at a Marriott resort in Hawaii. My daughter (probably 15 or 16 at the time) left cash ($50 or so) on the night stand in the room before we walked to the beach. When we returned, the money was gone. I called hotel security and the hotel GM to report the missing cash, but they did nothing. What I took away from those losers is that they quietly implied that my daughter spent the money and wanted the hotel to "refill" her now emptied purse. I told the GM that I **** away more money in a couple days (keep in mind that I have a wife and 2 spoiled daughters) than he earns in a month. That comment got me nothing other than a little self-satisfaction.

I still love Marriott.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...