15 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2014 9:57 PM by clebert RSS

Keurig coffeemakers

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Guess what I found at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando?  A Keurig coffeemaker!  I sure wish Marriott had these.  Spouse has been complaining for years that Marriott doesn't have decent coffee in the rooms.  The closest thing I've seen at a Marriott branded property was a Nescafe machine at the Ritz Carlton in Denver.  Marriott people?  Are you listening?  How about upgrading your coffee?  Anyone know of any Marriott brands or properties that have Keurigs?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Keurig coffeemakers
    Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

I was just at the The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel over the weekend and they had a Keurig!  I agree, this would be a nice addition to at least the FS Marriott's!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

Provided at the Wardman Park Marriott (Washington DC), so it appears to be a property by property decision (as more and more items are these days) and therefore might be able to be influenced by customer input.

IMAG2566.jpg

Very encouraging - thanks for the feedback!

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

It would be awesome to have a Keurig machine in the room. I have one at my home and it is fantastic. I am sure Marriott could purchase the cups at a super low bulk discount.

cjkatl Platinum

I'm at the Montreal Downtown CY, where there are Keurig machines in the room. With that said, I'd rather have free coffee in the lobby.

The Keurig machine has an awful smell in the water area. I made two cups of coffee yesterday that tasted toxic, throwing each away after a sip. The housekeeping manager happened to be outside my door, so I showed her. She agreed there was a nasty smell and said it would only take five minutes to swap out the machine. Because of where it's plugged in, the fridge has to be moved to replace the coffee machine. I was doing work and wanted to continue, so in the presence of the housekeeper, it was decided the machine would be replaced later in the day when the room was cleaned. The housekeeper and the manager both stated this would happen.

It wasn't changed, or the new one has the same bad smell. I would up paying for coffee yesterday and will pay for coffee again today: 6$ total. The Keurig machine isn't worth the hassle. Additionally, the dirty mug is in the bathroom. The housekeeper just left it there.

Didn't CY used to have free coffee in the lobby?  I am not a big CY fan and don't stay there too often.  I did get free coffee (and very good quality) at the Conrad in Chicago.  It wasn't in the lobby but in a lounge area on the floor I was on, but not really a concierge lounge.  It was a nice touch. 

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi cjkatl,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the Keurig during your stay - sounds awful! If you'd like, please go ahead and send me a private message that includes your rewards number as well as the best way to reach you. We would be more than happy to call the hotel on your behalf and make sure that a manager is aware of the trouble you are having.

Also, to shed some light on your and clebert's question about the free coffee in the lobby, I found some more information on this from a recent Courtyard press release:

With the transformation of our lobbies to the new refreshing business concept featuring the Bistro, we have seen a decrease in demand for our complimentary lobby coffee. A great majority of our guests prefer our made to order Starbucks in the Bistro, which is why we made the recent change.

erc Platinum

As our good pal George would say    NathalieF you have just raised the dead!

With the transformation of our lobbies to the new refreshing business concept featuring the Bistro, we have seen a decrease in demand for our complimentary lobby coffee. A great majority of our guests prefer our made to order Starbucks in the Bistro, which is why we made the recent change.

1) Most all Insiders and Marriott FlyerTalkers believe the decrease was due to the removal !

2) Those guests that prefer paying for their coffee are apparently the Silent Majority.

Here are some oldies but goodies to provide you with some good weekend reading:

No Free Coffee at Courtyards

Coffee (or Tea) at Marriott Courtyards No More

and the more colorful

Starbutts Running Over Courtyard

plus type in Courtyard Coffee in Search and see the numerous hotel reviews

I'm not a CY player due to their breakfast policy, so CY's press release doesn't concern me travel wise, but communication wise, it's always brought a smirk to my face .

I didn't mean to raise the dead!! I should have done my research first. Thanks erc for the threads, reading through some of them now.

erc Platinum

And that's exactly why you are going to be excellent - nice work.

Now, just as a heads up; one of the other communication favorites among Insiders was when Marriott (unnamed sources - but right here in Insiders) stated that the reason for the elimination of the E195 Gift Cheques was due to the fact that the manufacturer went out of business - all together now, "well let's hope the key maker remains solvent or Marriott will have to shut down"

Keep on keepin' on; the responsiveness of the moderation team that you head is appreciated.

cjkatl Platinum

Just saw your reply. Thanks. I appreciate your willingness on this....

To provide an update... They did replace the coffee machine twice. I finally brought it down to the lobby and was told, "It just smells new." Well, yeah, that's the problem. It smells like unaired plastic and the coffee tastes that way. It tastes almost like someone put silver polish in the coffee. Maintenance brought yet another machine, cutting the tape to get it out of the box, so I showed him in the owner's manual that it clearly states the machine needs to be cleaned before use. Cleaning the machine before use should be a no-brainer, and it's the first thing, in capital bold letters, in the owner's manual. The maintenance man, who was very nice, said, "Oh, we just take them out of the box." If Marriott is going to go to the trouble of having the machines, shouldn't the machines be set up properly? It really destroys the coffee if the water goes through the dirty machine.

The hotel was the Montreal Courtyard Downtown. It is a fantastic hotel with an awesome staff. There is no Bistro (yay! all CYs should be Bistro-free) and the bellmen really make this great hotel fantastic. While I understand the average CY doesn't need bellman like this, the additional service they offered really made this feel like a high end luxury hotel, not a CY. This minor problem was my only problem. With that said, the one very minor thing I would change is that the front desk staff should know when a customer is having a problem with the coffee maker, and says, "I'm just going to buy a cup of coffee" the next statement should be, "It's on us." The cups of coffee were $6 total, including tip, but it really seemed off key that the free coffee offer wasn't made.

Thanks for the update, cjkatl. I've passed along your feedback to the customer care team.

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

I was at the Ottawa Marriott last week and we had a Keurig in the room.  It appeared to be brand spankin' new, and the coffee I made in it was good.  I had to snitch some real cream from the CL for it as I detest the powered chemical "creamer" that was in the room.  But the CL had a Nescafe machine and I have to tell you that I gave that baby a run for the money!  Between my lattes and my son's vanilla cappucinos, it was a most enjoyable caffeinated experience.  Oh, and the brewed Marriott coffee in the huge urn each morning was better than that which I've found in the states (I should have asked what brand it was).

Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando (a Loews property) had Land-O-Lakes half and half in the rooms, and plenty of it!  But there aren't enough Loews hotels around, and who knows if they all have Keurigs!  I would seriously consider switching my brand loyalty on the basis of coffee!

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

I wish every Marriott had a Keurig machine. Hello... Mr. Marriott are you listening???? That would be great!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...