4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2014 4:02 PM by NathalieF RSS

Courtyard WIFI

jrl5556 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

As a business traveler I have been a dedicated guest of all Courtyard Marriott, and have struggled receiving /downloading e-mail. I feel it's time to see if Marriott will address this. I'm always trying to catch up with administration responsibilities before leaving the hotel to go to a on-site meeting, or customer site.

The "Free" WIFI is not sufficient for use to perform any type of simple tasks and brings productivity to a snail pace.

While I do like the new look and features of Courtyard, I do have to look for for my business responsibilities, and if I can't get business conducted at the hotel, then that is a problem.

I'd like to see or know if Marriott will address this. Yes, I'm aware I can pay $4.95 a day for faster speed, but I shouldn't have too. I can stay at other hotel chains and have good speed. I am starting to consider changing hotel chains, because I can't get my work done in a timely manner.

So Marriott, What can be done to improve the "free" WIFI speed? I'm hoping to receive a response, so that I don't have to say "Goodbye" to this hotel chain.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Courtyard WIFI
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Many hotels will offer the upgraded internet to Gold and Platinum Elites for free. I've frequently had this experience at FFI, CY, and SHS. Most will remind me at check-in that I can opt for the higher speed. All I have to do is accept the charge which will be waived. I've had to ask a few times and I'm not always successful (some tell me that if I want the higher speed, I'll have to pay, which I never do).

I'm not sure how widespread the policy, but it might be worth it to ask.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tfreeman98 Platinum 13 Reviews

Interesting, bejacob that you are sometimes refused.  I have asked several times, have always been told that I could sign up for the higher speed as a platinum and that the charge would be waived, and it always has been waived.  So I sort of stopped asking and just assume that it will be waived.  Maybe I need to be slightly more careful and ask every time to be sure there is no surprise charge waiting for me.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I suspect it is just a lack of knowledge on the part of the person behind the desk. I don't usually follow up with a manager, but I probably should.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi jrl5556,

Welcome to the Marriott Rewards Insiders forum!

This site is a great place to ask questions, request recommendations or insights, and share experiences with a large network well-versed travelers. From photos to tips about different regions and properties, as well as perspectives on many aspects of the Marriott Rewards program, this forum is a wonderful place! It looks like bejacob and tfreeman98 have already shared some information with you; exactly what Insiders is all about!

It sounds like you’ve had some frustrating experiences with WiFi lately, and I know how imperative it is to have a solid connection when you need to get work done. I appreciate you reaching out on Insiders. I’m going to have a member of our team reach out to you directly to hear more about your experiences and see if there is anything they can do to assist. I hope this helps!

Also, don't hesitate to reach out to me (communitymanager), The specified item was not found. lindseyh or KatieC with any more questions or concerns; we are here to help!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...