4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2014 7:47 PM by iahflyr RSS

Whew! It's good to be Platinum!

mgoes2 Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I make so many reservations that I rarely take the time to read the fine print. This is one occassion where having Platinum status really saved me.

I had quite the scare this morning when I saw that my upcoming reservation starting tomorrow was cancelled.  I had booked my reservation at a Residence Inn using my travel agent and long term stay rate...which was very good.  I just didn't read the fine print saying that it was a prepaid rate and had to be confirmed before the stay begins.  So, during the night, the computer system cancelled my reservation automatically since I had taken no action to confirm it.

Upon seeing the cancellation, I immediately called the Platinum reservation line.  Not only was the agent so helpful in helping me to secure my rate again, she also waived the prepayment requirement...so helpful!  It's service like this that keeps me loyal to Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Whew! It's good to be Platinum!
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi mgoes2! My name is Nathalie - I'm the new community manager on MRI. Thanks for sharing your story! I'm glad to hear the agent was so helpful. I love reading these kinds of posts! Does anyone have another similar story to share?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vickisocal Platinum

Interesting I have never seen a rate that had to be reconfirmed after booking.

mgoes2 Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Me either...it was a travel industry long-term stay (12 days or more) at a Residence Inn.  Apparently it was supposed to be a prepaid rate, and though I had guaranteed it with my credit card, the fine print that I didn't bother reading was:

"

GUARANTEED METHOD
      Advised Deposit due Wednesday, August 13, 2014

GUARANTEED METHOD

Advised Deposit due Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I've never seen this before, but I guess it means if you don't call back to pay the full amount for the reservation by that date, they automatically cancel the reservation.  When I called about the reservation being canceled, they waived the prepayment requirement in addition to reinstating the good rate I had before. 

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Good to read it all worked out, and a great lesson for all of us to learn from.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...