85 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2014 11:49 AM by w.davis RSS

NEW MEGA BONUS

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This is what I have just got.

To earn up to 25,000 bonus points:

• Register by November 15, 2014
  • Stay at participating properties between September 15, 2014 and January 15, 2015
  • Earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 20 paid nights, up to 40,000 bonus points

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: NEW MEGA BONUS
    shell3879 Platinum

Me too!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

me too

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Mine is to earn up to 50,000 points (registration and dates the same)

• Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus and additional 15,000 after 25 nights up to 50,000 bonus points

No chance of earning that. I'll have to call and try to get one I might be able reach.

erc Platinum

bejacob

Formerly the MegaBonus offers were personalized, this time according to the announcement, they are unique**

** u·nique

/yo͞oˈnēk/

adjective

1. being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.

Apparently, any adjective will do, accurate or not, as long as it's not desired

from the erc family album, photo taken this morning by mrs. erc

barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

My bonus is the same; 35,000 and then 15,000 for 50,000.

Far East Man Platinum 1 Reviews

Mine is the same for 20 plus 25 nights.

I just finished the August promo with 24 nights.  Ouch

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Nice to see I did get the promotional offer this time:

Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus and additional 15,000 after 25 nights up to 50,000 bonus points

One thing that bothers me ..... stays for owners of Marriott Vacation Club weeks do not count. Why not? I pay my maintenance fee every year! This stay should count.

It's fine since I will make at least 21 nights between this period but would have been nice to add the additional 7 nights for my stay in Aruba at my Vacation Club.

debbiebrown Platinum 6 Reviews

I am confused on what does count towards these stays like you are saying. My husband has several several several days being recorded as hotel stays and mostly our stays ARE at our timeshares. So I don't get what all of you are talking about.

erc Platinum

A stay is made up of nights. So each paid night counts as a night, but stays can range from one night to as many nights as you are paying (award nights, certificates, or Friends/Family/Associate certs do not count as nights).

Now whereas you can check into the Marriott Monday, the SpringHill Tuesday, and back to the original Marriott Wednesday and that would be three stays and three nights - you cannot check in and out of the same Marriott M/T/W and expect that to be three stays - it's still only one stay, but three nights.

As far as your Vacation Club stays and nights, I'll have to defer to your fellow owners, because there are some specific rules about what counts (when you trade for example and what plan you're in) and what doesn't. When I (a non-owner) rent a room/villa at a Vacation Club, the nights and points are counted the same as if I was staying at a Marriott hotel.

Ok, let's move onto the concept of Cold Fusion

erc Platinum

taxman193

Just an FYI, so nothing slips through the cracks.

I'm 99% sure you already know this, but just in case or for others who may not; you can charge your maintenance fees to your Marriott credit card and at least earn those points.

(somewhat similar to parking - always have parking charged to the hotel and pay with your Marriott card, even tho you may not earn points from Marriott if it's a third party vendor, you will get your credit card points - as well as often get free/better, in-out parking privileges)

erc I have a question for you Mr. Marriott guru ... for the current promotion that ends August 31st I called (at your suggestion) and asked for the lower tired one with 15 nights which I will have at the end of this week (in Baltimore). However, I now realize there is a possibility I coudl make the 20 night threshold. I will be in a Marriott for two nights August 29th and 30th and checking into another Marriott on August 31st for three nights. First question is the for the three nights stay starting August 31st, they will only count 1 night toward the promotion, right (i.e they won't include the other two nights even though I am checking in on the August 31st). I think I have checked into this before and only the specific nights within that range count regardless of the fact you are completing one stay that extends into the next month.

Next question, let's say I needed two nights to reach the 20 night threshold and just wanted to buy two cheap nights somewhere in the country without actually staying in the room. Anyway to do this?

erc Platinum

1) Yes only the August 31st night is supposed to count (there have been examples of errors in the lodgers favor, but don't count on it)

2) Similar to my parenthetical in #1 above, the rule is that the Rewards Member must stay in the room not only for bonus eligibility but for points in general. Now folks have gambled and used their rewards number and even paid for rooms and had a family member/friend check in (sometimes even saying, "taxman is checking in later) and have gotten away with it and gotten points. I don't endorse that approach; like you as a taxman wouldn't say, "go ahead dhtaylor, expense your Aruba honeymoon"

and as far as 'buying' a room - i.e. paying for a room and not showing up - that doesn't earn points either, which, of course, I always disagreed with, since you can actually buy points from Marriott - but those are the rules and it's their game, so I just keep quiet, except for these subversive quickies.

The obvious - try to find an inexpensive stay (that's the beauty of DC - Marriott Dulles Suites - weekend w/breakfast buffet for two $76) and catch a dinner, show, movie and have a good time knowing you're maxing out Mega .

jl3549 Platinum

Here is mine, hoping to switch it, now way I will get 15 nights during this travel period.

• Stay at participating properties between September 15, 2014 and January 15, 2015
    • Earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 20 paid nights, up to 40,000 bonus points

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

Here's mine ...

"Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus and additional 15,000 after 25 nights up to 50,000 bonus points"

I should have no problems hitting this one since I am in a Marriott every week.  Will help replenish what I have used this month in points ... LOL  Worth every point in my opinion when we can stay in a nice place for leisure!

Happy Travels!

Kim

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Here's mine:

• Earn double points with every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points

Think I'll call and try to change it to "Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus and additional 15,000 after 25 nights up to 50,000 bonus points".

shell3879 Platinum

I think I'll call and try to switch to yours.  I don't have any significant travel plans right now that would earn the megabonus I was given. 

erc Platinum

Reminders:

1) if you don't get an offer; don't whine - call and ask for one - since the dawn of time, no one has been rejected
    2) if you don't like your offer; call and request a different one - odds remain in your favor, no slam dunk
    3) if you must call Rewards and if our pal The Robot (the brains of The Greater Team) answers, do not engage, just say "I want to combine Marriott accounts" and you will be sent to a warm caring customer service rep.

Ok - the following is a coded message to fellow bottom feeders (especially those on double secret probation). Road Warriors, nothing to see here, feel free to move about the cabin.

In observing Marriott's cost containment trends of the past three years, it seems to me Marriott calculates the expense of the Double Bonus to be less than the cost of the Category 1-4 Certificates. Combined with the split opinion among Rewards members for Certificates, this becomes a no brainer for Marriott.

After viewing the summer Double Bonus results, Marriott lowered the target to starting with the second stay, vs. the original after the second stay. Again,only speculating, but it appears Marriott believes the Double Bonus accomplishes similar customer relations at a lower cost figure (even when factoring in the savings of 'expired' Certificates).

As I've said before, fine by me, it's Marriott's game and I'm just playing it. I'm no longer a big dog revenue producer (35-40 paid nights), so even if it wasn't ok with me, I'd have no deserved leverage to bark anyway, and besides, I'm older than 35. My frustration is seldom do I receive an obtainable goal. I must each time call (sometimes twice) and request a more mutually beneficial offer (obtainable, but with stretch as well), then call back at the end to confirm the earning and now (as shown by the first implementation of the Double Bonus) I better track my points closely as well.

If I make seven nights averaging $175 per night during the Double Bonus*** (and courtesy of Marriott rates, it's easier to do ), I gain a 10,500 points bonus (elite bonus not doubled). Certainly better than a stick in the eye, but I'm getting to the stage of running on fumes chasing those annual 42k points (not as bad as the Facebook/Twitter 'Like' debacle, but becoming a chore).

Summary: No problem with split opinion on certificates; not whining about cert elimination; not even complaining about calling in as a 'qualifier' of "who really wants it"; once more w/my best Don Quixote voice, suggesting a range of offers pegged to travel history which the Rewards member calls in and selects - period. Of course, knowing that The Greater Team would provide me with a 20/25/30 night offer (it's because of who I run with in this forum, really I'm a peach of a guy ), I immediately rescind my request.

*** - granted, it's my own fault, so I'm not whining, just sharing, but the 'DEAD PERIODS" of these promotions;
    are big erc travel days (due to deals and seasonality) and I often log in 8-10 nights a year in these dead zones

1/16-1/31 (NYC baby)
    May (springtime and Memorial Day deals)
    9/1-9/14 (kids back in school - beach & Disney; and Labor Day deals)

travelinvix Platinum

I'm coming out of lurker mode since no one else yet has the offer I have:

• Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 2,000 for every additional paid night, up to 55,000 bonus points

I (happily for my points balance, though sadly for my home life) should have no problem maxing this one out during that timeframe.  Also, as a software tester, I'm interested to note that everyone so far has "to earn up to 25,000 bonus points", no matter what the actual maximum of the bonus.

elb157 Platinum 18 Reviews

I got "Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 25 paid nights, up to 50,000 bonus points"

Didn't even have to sign up; somehow I'm already signed up, which I don't recall having happened before.

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

I was also automatically registered.  Nice feature!

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

And, I was the comlete opposite... I usually am automatically registered for the promotions but this time I had to sign up for it!

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

I scored

"Register by November 15, 2014

• Earn double points with every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points"

which will run concurrently (through November 30) with the "Welcome Back" bonus I received last week:  "Earn one cat.1-4 cert after every 2nd paid stay, limit of two."

Now, if this pesky school year just wasn't in the way...

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Mine is different from everyone else; 12 nights is 25K points and stay 6 more nights to get 5K more points for a max of 30K.  I will definitely hit 12 nights but not sure about 18 nights.  I liked the Summer Bonus better; and I may be in the minority, but I would rather have 2 free night certificates for a Level 1-5 hotel.....  Sorry I forgot, there is no crying in "The Insiders".....

I guess it is true; you can't please everyone.......

vickisocal Platinum

So far I've seen:

Earn double points starting with your second paid stay, up to 25,000

Earn 2,500 bonus points starting with your second paid stay, up to 25,000

25,000 -12 nights + 5,000 after 18 nights, up to 30,000

25,000 -15 nights, + 15,000 after 20 nights, up to 40,000

35,000 -20 nights, + 15,000 after 25 nights, up to 50,000

35,000 -20 nights, + 2,000 per night up to 30 nights/up to 55,000

Reports are that those outside the US ONLY get the first offer. If anyone knows that this is not true, can you post?

Anyone get this offer?

2,500 bonus points per stay starting with your second stay for up to 25,000 points.

I haven't seen any Insiders that have posted this offer, but I did find it on loyalty lobby

(Marriott Rewards Fall 2014 MegaBonus: Earn Up To 55,000 Bonus Points For Stays Between September 15 – January 15, 2015 | LoyaltyLobby).

It would seem that for paid stays over $250 this would yield fewer points than the double points offer (am I doing the math right on this?).

erc Platinum

bejacob

I agree with you, paid stays (after the first stay) over $250 would yield fewer points (in the 2,500 points offer) than the Double Points offer, so a player would need to consider his/her total participation after the first stay to determine which offer would net the most points overall.

I, for example, have one over $250 (multi-night) stay and will book five one night stays under $250, so I'm better off with the 2,500 per stay offer.

What a mess. Can't we just go back to the promo certs? Much simpler than having to figure out which bonus gives more points, but it looks like that's how we'll have to play the game.

In my case, all of my planned, paid stays are for just one night and each will cost less than $250 (I do have a 3-night stay near DCA, but I'm using up certs that will be expiring soon, so that's a freebie). Sounds like I'll be better off with the 2,500 point deal if I can get them to switch me to that one.

If future promos are going to be like this, I'll have to get out my dad's slide rule to figure it out. (Yes, I have it somewhere and I even have a book explaining how to use it ). Either that or ask the Magic 8 Ball.

Well, we know the parameters of this bonus. Now we just need to make the best of it.

erc Platinum

vickisocal

It looks like newhiltonmembr (a New Yorker) received the first offer of Double Bonus points starting with the second stay and foxglove

(did you mean instead that no American got the 2500 points starting with your 2nd stay?)

OOPS- I get it now - you were asking did any outside the US get the 2nd offer - 2500 points starting with second stay

vickisocal Platinum

I'm asking if anyone outside the US got ANY other offer.

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

vickisocal No that is not true.  I am the OP of this thread and I got:-

• Earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 20 paid nights, up to40,000 bonus points

I live in the UK, so the rumour is incorrect.

pepijnp Gold 1 Reviews

I'm outside US and got :

35,000 -20 nights, + 15,000 after 25 nights, up to 50,000

jlabove Gold 3 Reviews

I had no idea these were custom/targeted/unique! I'm in Vancouver, BC (Canada), and got the double points starting with your second stay (up to 25k) promo--and I'm glad I did! Already making good on it.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Here is mine:

Earn 25,000 bonus points after 12 paid nights, plus an additional 5,000 points after 18 paid nights, up to , up to 30,000 bonus points

I'm dissapointed the certs do not appear to be offered for this MegaBonus as they are much easier to acheive.  Not sure if I will make the 12 night minimum.  

vickisocal Platinum

If you won't make 12 nights call and ask for one of the two lower offers.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

vickisocal,

After giving it more thought I'm pretty sure I can swing the 12 night minimum but it's good to know there are  lesser options beginning with a second stay.  I'm hoping that the certs will resurface again in future Mega Bonus offers.

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

Earn double points starting with your second paid stay, up to 25,000

great for me since i dont travel that much. Will have a couple stays in SF for a few bday parties coming up starting next month so hopefully ill get to scoop up some bonus points.

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

I was automatically registered to my surprise.  My offer was 25,000 points after 15 stays with 15,000 additional points after 20 stays.  Unfortunately, I have a stay booked for the three days prior (Sept. 12-14) to the start of the MegaBonus promotion.

nycuws10025 Platinum

All:

My Spouse (PE) got:

To earn up to 40,000 bonus points:

I (LPE) got:

• Earn double points with every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points

As usual, Marriott decided what offer makes sense for us.   I've stopped beating that poor dead horse and realized that I do have a choice.   Unfortunately for Marriott, the choice is between Marriott and Hilton and in my observation, Hilton's winning.

I am quite pleased to see that Marriott (partially) got the competitive message sent by Hilton on their summer bonus program: for those who Marriott's roulette wheel favored them with it, the double points offer in this season's program pays out double points starting on the second stay.    Marriott's summer program didn't payout double points until after your second stay while Hilton's paid out double points on the first stay.  Marriott lost a lot of my business to Hilton this past summer because the option I was given wasn't even in the realm of reality.  Since Hilton didn't make me wait until my third stay to start getting double points, I didn't even bother calling Marriott Rewards to ask for the option.   Booking Hilton was so much easier!  So that's what I did.

I'll wait to see what Hilton's fall offer is, but I'm unimpressed with Marriott's determination for me.   This will come as no surprise to anyone here at Insiders.

Yes, add me to the list of folks who regret the loss of the category 1-4 or 1-5 certificates.  I acknowledge they're not for everyone - fully dependent on where you travel most - but for me, they worked very well.

My best regards to all of you

NYCUWS10025

solkua Platinum 1 Reviews

Does anyone know what points are doubled starting on the second stay? Is it just the base points, or does it include those that you get for Elite status as well?

erc Platinum

Just the base

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I got the same promo. While I suppose I should be happy to get any kind of bonus, explain to me exactly how this is MEGA? A MEGA bonus implies something huge. This is not. What do you think? IAHFLYR, erc

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

What do I think, I think it's time to try more of the 16 prominent beers of the world!

MEGA, what I find MEGA is the number of people who are given this offer, that's the only MEGA I find.

erc Platinum

ks77

I think that, just in case ssindc is correct below with his conspiracy theory, that I have enough marks on my permanent record, so I'm just going to say, "I love me some Marriott MegaBonus"

Now, IAH, he's a different kind of guy - Go get 'em tiger!

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

OK - two issues today:

First, here's what I want know - and we may need pingreeman to crunch the numbers or erc to peer inside the conspiracy theory black box, but, does anyone else think that you get punished in the Mega Bonus assignments if you plan ahead?  [I haven't qualified for a significant Mega Bonus for years (and that's OK - I still rack up lots of points)..... ]  But it dawns on me that I've got 15 nights already reserved through the end of the year .... yet somehow the system knew that it had to ensure I couldn't qualify for the bonus unless I stayed 20 nights.... Would my threshold have been lower if I had not reserved so many rooms before the promotion was announced?

Second, I want to join those who don't understand - and are irritated by - the rule that only one room per night per stay counts...  It's their game, and they can make the rules, but shouldn't the award/bonus be based upon rooms and/or revenue? I cannot imagine any scenario where Marriott values the number of my stays more than the total number of rooms I use or the total amount of money I spend....   (Are 20 one-night stays at 20 different properties more valuable to Marriott than me booking 3 rooms for a week at a single property?  I don't think so....) That just makes no sense.

Enough for now....  My heart really isn't in complaining this week, since I'm the happiest Marriott customer in the world....  Re: WITH ALL THE CRITICISM LET'S TURN POSITIVE: WHAT BENEFIT OF MARRIOTT REWARDS DO YOU VALUE THE MOST

erc Platinum

1) Conspiracy of studying reservations to set MegaBonus - I believe Marriott's plausible defense in this circumstance would be "we're not that clever"

2) One room per night rule - we can't change 'nuances' (adding points for suite upgrades on awards, adding points to certs-remember them? - for higher category etc); I wouldn't hold my breath about changing ironclad rules since the dawn of time (5 pt. ResInn/TownePlace, no points for non rate charges - Ritz, CY, award nights don't count toward status etc).

Now, and I hesitate mentioning this because of lurking weasels who might squeal, but I was told by my (that's right, keep calling until you get one who knows their stuff ) MegaBonus rep that whereas multi-rooms don't count toward nights, they do count toward points, so I switched from the 2,500 points after first stay to the double points after first stay - perhaps that's what Marriott means when they used to say, "your personalized offer .

Once again the most consistent thing about the Rewards program is the inconsistency. We can either bark at it or learn to live within it. As we've seen, policies are implemented property by property. I've stopped trying to persuade one time Insider writers (different from those who participate and share back) who write in asking questions seldom acknowledging they received the answer, and instead now focus that time on getting to know front desk/concierge associates at where I'm headed - it's far more productive and rewarding.

I'm glad you're the happiest Marriott customer in the world, I'm pretty content myself. Keep on keepin' on .

I don't think advance planning changes the bonus offered. I only have four paid nights booked during the next bonus period and still got an offer that requires 20 nights. My last bonus required 15 nights (which I'll just make), so it appears to me that Marriott is trying to get me to step up my game even more (which will not happen). I will switch to something I can reach (probably the 2500 points per stay beginning with the 2nd stay) and stick with my current travel plans. If I add a few nights/stays, I'll earn a few more bonus points.

As in the stock market, past performance does not predict future results.

The last sentence also works for football right foxglove?  LOL

Texans 32 - Falcons 7  How did that happen and who saw it coming?  NOT I. 

Hey, there's an idea for a MEGA Bonus......pick your favorite NFL Teams record and get bonus points.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

I've been waiting for that. So much for my talkin' trash. My theory is that T.J. Yates was so used to looking for receivers in a Texan's jersey that he brain-cramped a couple of times and threw to the wrong team. Well, that and sorry tackling by Atlanta , lots of penalties , and Clowney .

If your suggested MegaBonus were tied to wins instead of accuracy, you and I'd probably be in deep trouble. Gotta feeling that it's gonna be another season of "HEY! Beer man! Over here!" (prominent or not).

oxymoronic Platinum 3 Reviews

I've also been given the opportunity to get 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 2,000 for every additional paid night, up to 55,000 bonus points.

Not sure if I will have the opportunity to max out this award but I am hopeful of getting at least 20 so, I certainly can't complain, indeed it is probably perfectly designed from Marriott's perspective.

Platinum 28 Reviews

under the old system after a few stays (I believe 4) you received two certificates to a cat 5 property (worth 50K).

Platinum 28 Reviews

Deja Vu dept:  Wasn't impressed (or motivated) with new bonus offer.

As a lifetime Platinum who is lucky to have a large number of points in the (so called) bank, there doesn't exist much motivation to spend 16% of my nights during the bonus period to earn an amount that would only increase my current balance 3-4%!  When you factor in that  this period also includes a time when you want to be home with your family, you are being asked to be sleeping in a Marriott property 25% of available nights.

Is there anyone out there that this bonus is attractive to.  It seems to me that the only members that will benefit are those that had travel plans in advance and will accidentally qualify.

I would love to know who thinks these up and how much they pay the individual.  I can come up with non-motivating bonuses for free!!!

Attaboy misterchk, I've missed your input lately here so keep on keepin' on!!

Platinum 28 Reviews

To be quite frank @iahflyr , nonsensical contests "wake me up" -

The reason for my absence has been depression (LOL) - I go into a deep case of depression the Monday after SuperBowl and just this week will start "weaning" myself off of anti-depressants as we approach kickoff of the new season!

Take care my Texas  friend.  I'm here if you need support!

r.korte Platinum 21 Reviews

I've also got the opportunity to get 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 2,000 for every additional paid night, up to 55,000 bonus points.  It looks as though the whole thing is tiered to make you stretch.  Do you really think that by calling MR you can get offered a lower threshold?

erc Thanks I did know that and this is exactly what I do.

By the way yoru stay at a timeshare during the week you own does not count for the bonus nights but it does count toward your elite status.

Now.. I am a little worried here. I clicked on a FB post from Marriott Rewards to sign up for a Mega Bonus which I thought was the August bonus that people were talking about. I thought it was in addition to the Mega Bonus. I signed up through the link but that is for the double points Mega Bonus promotion. I don't want that. I was already signed up for the stay 20 nights earn 35,000 Mega bonus and that is the one I want to stay in so I am hoping they don't swtich me to the lower double points bonus. I checked my Marriott Rewards account on the web site and it still looks like I am signed up for the 20 night 35,000 bonus so maybe I am okay. Just hoping it doesn't switch since the footnote said it could take up to 24 hours to register. Next time .. I need to read instead of click !

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Everyone  has a different take on what motivates then to,stay a few extra nights which of course should be Marriott' s interest in promotions . When i traveled a lot i loved the large extra points by staying 20- 25  nights in a period. But now would much prefer the certificates . But for either type as long as they decide to stay a few extra nights Marriott wins. So where am i going with this- give options people that respond to their situation vs one size fits all.      

markharney Platinum 1 Reviews

Just fyi the offer I received:

• Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 25 paid nights, up to 50,000 bonus points

I will never see the points.  Marriott will get me back as a customer when the revive the free nights program, just too much of a step down in "Mega" bonus for Marriott to think they still have the hearts and minds.  With the 20 night requirement they just turned their back on a lot of people...and the meager incentive is not enough for me to go out of my way to use a Marriott anyway.  

My coworker called to ask Marriott Rewards about ending the free night program, they said no more certificates because they were having "too many complaints" because they only offered a category 5 hotel.  Please Marriott, speak honestly.

Hilton it is, any other thoughts on where to turn...love to hear them. 

KatieC Member

Sorry to hear you are frustrated, markharney. We will certainly share this feedback, and I would be happy to help you with any specific issues with booking, earning and redeeming. Feel free to send me a private message with your Rewards # and the best way to reach you.

bubbie Platinum 2 Reviews

If you are sharing feedback, can you please let them know of my disappointment that Marriott is no longer offering certificates. Yes I have let some lapse over the years but  I much prefer having them as a choice. They always came in handy for a weather related delay at an airport or a fun staycation  with the family.

Myself, as well as many others, expressed their disappointment with the last promotion hoping someone would listen. I guess they didn't.

Bring back the certificates, please!

KatieC Member

Will definitely share, bubbie.

bubbie Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks. Hope to see those certificates back for the next bonus.

fhsbbmom Gold 4 Reviews

Please add my voice to Bubbie's.  I was unable to earn anything this past summer, nor will I be able to earn this fall given the promotions available.  The certificates were the only advantages of my Gold Elite status, as normally I don't even get upgraded rooms.

Despite my love of Marriotts and many years of loyalty (I always look to find a room on Marriott first!) I will be using Choice Hotels this fall, as they continue to offer the free room after two stays promotion.

Hopefully Marriott will decide to reinstate the certs, although I am not a big enough traveler to sway them, I'm sure.  I am Lifetime Silver, and was working on Lifetime Gold.

So disappointed in the Summer and Fall Promotions. 

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

That's us too.  We often stay twice in a promotion, so could get a certificate.  Whether we used it or not was up to us.  But the last couple of promotion offers based on number of nights, or double points AFTER 2 stays - well, we were never going to achieve them so didn't bother to try.  I can't help thinking that is exactly what Marriott want!