7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2016 10:23 AM by jbritt51 RSS

When going on a Translatlantic Cruise, one must never forget to...

twunderli Member 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I will be taking a Transatlantic Cruise soon and I am not sure what to expect. It will start in Civitavecchia and end in Miami.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: When going on a Translatlantic Cruise, one must never forget to...
    Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

I suggest checking out www.Cruisecritic.com.  We used this site when we went on our cruises.  You can find other people who are on the same cruise as you, find information from others who have done cruises like this, etc.  It's a great resource in my opinion!

Have fun!  I would love to do this or the World Cruise sometime.

Happy Travels!

Kim

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

That sounds like quite the trip, twunderli! Where will you be stopping along the way? I have done a couple of cruises in the Mediterranean that were all fabulous, and would love to do a World cruise as well someday! Frogs provided a great resource for information, and I'm interested in hearing what experiences other Insiders have had with transatlantic cruises.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

I hear you on the seven days at sea. That's definitely a long time to be on a ship. You'll be stopping in some amazing places, though! I can't wait to see photos and hear about it!

ericwynn Platinum

They are awesome!

I have done two. I like to focus on relaxing; the ships are never full, passengers tend to be much older as they tend to be a very retired crowd. On my last cruise to Rome, I was probably the youngest person on the ship and I was 46 at the time.  I find the entertainment geared toward the older crowds and it was a bit dull for my taste, but I still had a great time!

jbritt51 Platinum 1 Reviews

We took our first transatlantic back in April.  We went from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona via the Azores, Lisbon, and a few Spanish cities.  We absolutely loved it.  The first six nights were at sea, so just get use to finding things to do.  We did realize that the transatlantics appear to attrack avid and frequent cruisers.  That can be good and bad!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...