5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2014 12:53 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Orlando/Sea World between Christmas and New Years

crnkotm Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm going to Orlando for a class between Christmas and New Years and am looking for a good recommendation. I'm currently booked at the Renaissance Sea World but many of the reviews are less than stellar. Anyone have any other ideas?

Respectfully,

Tony

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando, Florida, USA
  • Re: Orlando/Sea World between Christmas and New Years
    tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Do you have price or location constraints? I really like the JW-which seems like an obvious statement. They have some really good AAA rates. Great pool and vibe.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

crnkotm,

Think about The RI Sea world or RI Convention Center?  You may get a lot more room for a lot less cost?

sg1974 Gold

We stayed at the Renaissance SeaWorld over the Christmas period 2012. The hotel is good, but last Christmas we decided to stay at the Springhill Suites at Seaworld. I preferred the Springhill suites as the room was good, breakfast & WIFI was included. the breakfast area does get busy, but we were always up early and finishing as the crowds started to come. There is also no charge for parking. We spent the majority of the time in the parks so getting the best price for a decent hotel was the most important factor.

The Renaissance has a nice pool area, the breakfast is better (but expensive), the rooms seemed older (ours did anyway). Annoyingly they charge for parking, i see it is now $18 a day!

From Sharon's list on flyertalk:

Orlando / Renaissance Orlando at Seaworld (Resort) / NO LOUNGE (listed as resort); free i-net only bennie due to resort status; 12/28/13 update

If we are back in the area again I'd book the Springhill over the Renaissance. In my opinion it was better value for money as you pay the room rate and nothing more. Whereas the Renaissance you will need to find a rate that includes breakfast and also pay for parking.

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Have you considered renting one of the Marriott Vacation Club's timeshares in Orlando?

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Personally, I probably wouldn't consider a MVCI for this use. (And I am a big fan-own two weeks.) If this is a stay for a training class, I would be looking for creature comforts. Such as room service maybe or an easily accessible breakfast buffet. Marriott bedding etc. That's just my opinion. MVCI are longer stays with great facilities-just less amenities. Full service properties will be more geared to business use.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...