9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2014 3:15 PM by turk0322 RSS

Elite Status?

turk0322 Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just signed up for Marriott Rewards credit card because of 70,000 points offer.

There is mention of Elite status as well with Marriott. How does that work with my new card? Am I automatically qualified for Elite Status or do I need a certain amount of stays/points? Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Elite Status?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

You'll get credit for 15 nights just by having the card. You should get those added to your account about the same time you get your card. Then each year on your card anniversary, you'll get 15 nights (that automatically keeps you at Silver).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks for the quick reply. And what does Silver grant me (if anything)?

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Not too much. You will get a 20% bonus on reward points.

Here is a link that explains the different levels and benefits

Hotel Membership Benefits - Marriott Rewards membership - Become a Marriott Rewards member

Silver does offer a few perks, but you'll see considerably more if you can reach Gold.

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Hey, I'm silver, and I got my name on a sign in the lobby of an Orlando FFI as Guest of the Day!

"This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people!"

-- Navin R. Johnson, 1979

navin.jpg

vickisocal Platinum

I do NOT want my name on a sing in the lobby. Really, I don't.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Stay away from the cans!!!  I don't need the sign in the lobby; all I need is this thermos.....

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

i have gotten complementary upgrades as a silver. But im guessing it depends on availability and how nice you, and the people at the hotel are. I ask for upgrades but never expect one as to not be disappointed.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

turk0322 - Welcome to Marriott "Insiders" - I've been Marriott traveler for many years, occasionally stayed at Holiday Inn, Hampton, Hyatt, and a few others, but then began to focus on Marriott when possible. It's paid off for me. Then, I found the Marriott Reward "Signature" Visa Credit Card, which has provided added incentives for not only Marriott property stays, but also point awards for other purchases. In addition to the other perks, at each annual renewal you'll be awarded a free night at 1-5 category hotel. We're going to Charleston, SC on beach trip next month, and I've booked Friday night stay at Residence Inn nearby to utilize my free night. It's not always easy to find a 1-5 category hotel, depending on the location, but this is another benefit of using this card.

* Having set up "alerts" on my card profile, I received notice of an international charge this month of which I was not aware. I looked up the company in the UK on the internet. I called Chase (Visa underwriter) and they checked the site and advised it was bogus, so they immediately cancelled my card, credited my account and sent me a new card the next day!  Recommend you consider setting up similar "alerts" for protection on not only this, but all your credit cards.

Thanks for this info!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...