20 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2014 3:34 PM by trippin' RSS

New Kid on the Block

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
Currently Being Moderated

Hey Insiders!

I’d like to introduce myself as the new community manager. It looks like I have some big shoes to fill but I am excited to participate in your conversations and ideas, as well as help answer your questions and concerns. merb The specified item was not found. KatieC and lindseyh are here to assist as well, and they have been a huge help to me in learning to navigate this awesome community.

I appreciate your feedback and opinions, so I will ask for it as much as possible in my future posts!

I look forward to interacting with and getting to know you all – so let’s get started! Share something you love about Insiders below; whether it’s your favorite thread or a friendship you've made through the community, I’d love to hear about it. I’ll share some information on myself, too. I look forward to “meeting” you!

My Name: Nathalie

Work Experience: My background includes web development and online marketing for hotels and resorts. I also worked on-property at two DC-area hotels.

I grew up: outside Philadelphia (Berwyn, PA)

I live in: Washington, DC

Favorite Place: I grew up going “down the shore” to Cape May, NJ

My next trip: I’m heading to Dubai and Jordan at the end of September (travel tips are welcome! )

Thank you!

Nathalie

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Kid on the Block
    Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

Welcome aboard!  I'm new myself and trying to get more involved.  I've appreciated the other members answering questions and giving advice.  Anything to make our travels more enjoyable!

Look forward to your input!

Happy Travels!

Kim

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks Frogs! Newbies unite! Any other travels planned for the rest of the summer?

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

Besides my weekly trek to Brooklyn from Ohio ... for work, I am surprising my husband with a trip to CA to visit the Reagan Presidential Library and staying in Santa Monica to play on the beach and see a little of LA.  First trip for the two of us to this part of the country so looking forward to the long Labor Day weekend visit.

Kim

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

nathalie,

Enjoy Santa Monica, if you have a desire to visit "The Magic Castle" in Hollywood, let me know, it is a wonderful experience!

IMG_3392.JPG

Have a great trip!

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Welcome, Nathalie! It's been exactly one year this week that I've been on MR Insiders, and the rewards have been immeasurable. The travel tips, keen insights, camaraderie, and laughs make this the only social website I make a point of checking each and every day. Glad to have you aboard!

Thanks foxglove! I'm excited to be here. Happy MRI-Anniversary!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Oh now I find the welcome thread!!  Guess I'll bring my hello over here.

Hi Nathalie,

Welcome and glad to have you here as our new communitymanager.  The kids (joshm, merb andKatieC) did a great job of running the joint after Andy left us and I look forward to your interaction.

You will no doubt find out who the trouble makers are on here as well as millennials and geezers as we get to know one another.

Notice the large font for us geezers!!!

Message was edited by: IAHFLYR

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Interesting categories IAHFLYR. I'm not a millennial, and not quite a geezer yet, so I guess that makes me a trouble maker.

Your mere association with the likes of myself and a few others who will remain anonymous (for now) puts you deep in the trouble maker class even though you really aren't a true rabble rouser.

Thanks IAHFLYR! I look forward to getting to know everyone - trouble-makers included!

KatieC Member

Thanks for the endorsement, IAHFLYR. All generations unite on Insiders!

Wait! Your name's not Andy? That's going to cause a bit of confusion. Mind if we call you Andy to keep it clear?

On a serious note, it's a nice change. Welcome to MRI.

Perhaps the thing I like best about this site is being able to get (and share) advice on places to visit, what to do, where to eat, and most importantly, which Marriott to choose. There is a wealth of travel knowledge here for the asking.

bejacob I know, I know, I'm rocking the boat by not being an Andy. You can call me Andy if you want!

Thanks for sharing what you like most about Insiders. I'm excited to dive in!

Nah! Nathalie fits you better anyway. We're glad to have you with us.

You'll get to know a lot of these folks very soon. Who knows, you might even get to meet a few in person. There are quite a few posts with pictures of Insider get togethers whether that is just two members or a whole group. Those are always fun to read.

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Well put, bejacob.  Couldn't have said it better.

pointchick Platinum

Welcome and Congratulations on your new position.  Will you be keeping us apprised of any Marriott promotions?  I am most interested on when Marriott will be having their next "buy a Marriott gift card and get southwest airline points or something similar"....

again, welcome

politicalman Gold 3 Reviews

Great and welcome.  You will be a great asset.

KatieC Member

AlI - Heads up that I am on vacay next week. Heading to Martha's Vineyard for a little R&R and didn't want you to think I jumped ship. merb, The specified item was not found. and lindseyh will be here. Keep them in line, will ya?

Have a safe and splendid trip, catch ya on the other side.

trippin' Alumni Steward Member 3 Reviews

Congrat's!  You'll enjoy it here I'm sure.