9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2014 2:56 PM by dgreen12 RSS

Promotions - No more offers

colazi Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Has any other platinum seen the number of promotions just dry up?  I hit the mega bonus a few months back and have not seen one since.  Is there a rule that when you achieve one, you are no longer qualified for others?

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Promotions - No more offers
    erc Platinum

colazi

Welcome to Insider participation. Glad to have you joining in.

The offers appear to be rather serendipitous (somewhat like Plat Premier qualifications) in their availability. We have had examples of Plats not even receiving offers (successfully, but frustratingly having to call to get one) and examples of first time Rewards members receiving concurrent offers (and then of course, there was the infamous case of the tie wearing, inaugural Featured Insider getting a sweetheart offer, but that rouses the villagers to the torches, so we seldom mention it anymore ).

The annual (as in past five or so years) Fall MegaBonus usually is announced around now in August, so that's probably the next one up (often running for nights 9/15 through 1/15). Good luck for maxing out once again and please share some of your insights of your numerous travels. Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Like you, I did not receive any promotional offers either. Something is wrong with the system lately. I use to get the offers on a regular basis. Luckily, the fine poeple here on this forum let me know about the most recent promotional offers and I called on the last day you could regsiter. Now, I am waiting to see if the Fall Mega Bonus comes through in my profile so I can sign up for that. I hope the people here let us know when they recieve the Fall Mega Bonus promotion in case I don't see it in my profile so I can call. Follow the advice here, if you don't see the Fall bonus simply call Marriott Rewards. Hopefully they will fix the issue soon.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Hope the fall one includes free night as well as points for a large number of stays. I no longer stay 20-25 nights in 3-4 months

texasvoyager Platinum 30 Reviews

I haven't seen one in a while either.  I thought it was just me as I had a rare break from the road for about four months after a project was canceled at the 11th hour.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey colazi,

You bring up a great question! I did some digging for you and found the following:

Typically, there are three major promotions each year that are available to every member. Usually, these take place in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Sometimes they are called "MegaBonus", but at times are called something else. From time to time, there are other promotions. Some of these may be targeted solicited promotions and some are open to all. I would recommend accessing your online account and review the "Promotions Central " page.  This page will show what promotions are available to members, and you can enroll for them right there!

Hope this help!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Rumor has it another MegaBonus is coming to a "Promotion Central" page near you in the near future!!!

PREVIEW: Marriott Rewards Fall 2014 MegaBonus September 15 – January 15, 2015. | LoyaltyLobby

dgreen12 Platinum

No MegaBonus offer for me.

erc Platinum

dgreen12

Call Rewards (# is below), they will assign you one.  These are the offers currently being tossed about (read in advance, so you can request one that best fits your travels)

Earn double points with every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points

Earn 2500 bonus points with every paid stay*, starting with your second stay, up to 25,000 bonus points

Earn 25,000 bonus points after 12 paid nights, plus an additional 5,000 points after 18 paid nights, up to 30,000 bonus points

Earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 20 paid nights, up to 40,000 bonus points.

Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 15,000 points after 25 paid nights, up to 50,000 bonus points

Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 2,000 for every additional paid night, up to 55,000 bonus points

If you dial the 800 number, you'll get The Robot - do not speak to him except to say, "I want to combine Marriott accounts" and you will be transferred to a customer service rep who will help you out. Be sure to share some info about your travels after you head out, thanks and good luck

Call Us

United States/Canada

1 801 468 4000 (8:15am - 9:00pm, Monday - Friday, US Eastern time)

1 800 450 4442 (toll-free, 24 hours/7 days per week)

Please note: the toll free number is an automated line.

dgreen12 Platinum

Thanks, erc!  They gave me the basic "double points" offer, which is what works best for my travel plans.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...