3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2014 8:20 AM by spoiled_traveler RSS

Ritz vs JW Marriott Hong Kong

spoiled_traveler Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm really looking forward to staying athe the highest hotel in the world when I am in Hong Kong for 3 nights in November before heading off on a cruise to Singapore.  I have a room for 210,000 pts that I've upgraded to a Club Suite (corner I think) with cash.  The JW Marriott is "only" 120,000 points for 3 nights

I'm sure both are nice, but they are in totally seperate areas of the city.

Any advice either way, or should we look at the Renessaince or a different hotel?

Thanks,

JG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Hong Kong, China The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong
Hong Kong, China JW Marriott JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
  • Re: Ritz vs JW Marriott Hong Kong
    vickisocal Platinum

They seem far apart but they are only a couple of metro stops apart. The metro is the best way to get around Hong Kong.

As a plat at the JW you have access to their truly excellent lounge for no additional points/cash and I can almost guarantee you will get some kind of upgrade. In addition the metro stop is in the basement of the hotel, very convenient. You can also take the Airport Express Train into Central and hop on the free shuttle to the JW, also convenient.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

oxymoronic Platinum 3 Reviews

I would second that the JW Marriott in Hong Kong is a nice property wtih good rooms, views, centrally located above a nice high-end shopping center. 

However, I see that the new RC is on the Kowloon side of the harbor.  I personally much prefer Central but recognize that it's a very easy and safe commute to Central from the RC.  Also, the view from the Kowloon side is likely to be absolutely incredible.

I think I'm staying there myself in September (company policy dictated the RC vs JW this time around!) so will try to update then.

spoiled_traveler Platinum

Thanks so much for the information. I believe there is a Metro stop in the basement of the of the Ritz as well, or very close. I have reservations at both hotels, and time to decide until late October so I look forward to your update.  I'm sure I can't go wrong in either property!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...