4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2014 6:08 PM by zukracer RSS

What are the levels.... Platinum, etc?

webster580 Member 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

How many levels are there?

HOw do you reach them?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What are the levels.... Platinum, etc?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Basically there are 4 levels, webster580.

You start as a rewards member

After staying 10 nights, you'll reach Silver Elite

After 50 nights, you are Gold Elite

And at 75 nights and above, you are Platinum Elite

Each year the counter resets, so you have to earn your status every year.

A couple things to consider

• Getting the Marriott Rewards credit card earns you 15 nights a year, guaranteeing Silver Elite status
    • There are rollover nights that can give you a head start (do a search for more details)
    • Above Platinum there is also something called Premier Platinum, but no one is exactly sure what it takes to get that (reportedly the top 3% of Platinum Elites).

Hope that answers your question.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

There is one more level.  If I have it right, Mr. Marriott used to hand out a special card to this super high level. I'm not sure how many folks received the card and for how long they hold/held the status. I'll see if I can find the link where this was discussed.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

Another awesome reply from bejacob!

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

bejacob and painedplatinum nailed it.  The higher than plat prem is the VIP level.  Its for Marriott family, executives and board members....and yes its rumored that Bill himself hands you the card.  I suspect that's more of a corp swag thing, I would wager anyone with that kinda clout would probably not need the card to get properly serviced

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...