7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2014 11:47 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Chicago Hotels - Residence Inn or Renaissance?

jldmk Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Going to Chicago in August for a wedding with my family of 5.  We need to stay in the River North area and we need more than just a regular hotel room since there are 5 of us.  Have stayed at the Chicago Marriott Mag Mile before and was NOT impressed.  So we're trying to decide between Residence Inn River North and the Renaissance on Wacker (but just read somewhere that Mag Mile sometimes gives great upgrades).  We are Platinum Premier and hoping for a nice upgrade at either of the hotels.  Does anyone have experience with either hotel and their upgrade tendencies and just in general which would be better for a family of 5.  I know Renaissance is probably nicer but Residence Inn more family friendly - wondering if we get a good upgrade at Renaissance if it could be just as nice though.  I have two rooms booked at each hotel to cover my bases.  Thanks everyone!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Chicago, Illinois, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel
Chicago, Illinois, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
  • Re: Chicago Hotels - Residence Inn or Renaissance?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

jldmk,

You have "Two winners" picked!  You can't go wrong!

Why not call the Renaissance, explain your situation, and discuss the desire for an upgrade?  They may go ahead and upgrade you over the phone, and you are done!  It would sure take some of the "Mystery" out of your trip!

There should be someone there in "Guest relations", or The "Manager of the Day"!  I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

Have a wonderful trip!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Chicago, Illinois, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel
    ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

jldmk Platinum

Thanks everyone!!!  Very helpful!

jldmk Platinum

So they've upgraded us to a Bi-Level Suite at the Chicago Mag Mile and a Riviere Corner Suite at the Renaissance.  Any idea which is better?  Thanks!

jldmk,

If it's anything like the bi-level they upgraded me to at The Chicago Mag Mile, there is not much better!

IMG_1132.JPG

This was a fantastic experience!

IMG_1133.JPG

You have two good choices, but I like this one!

Location Brand Hotel
      Chicago, Illinois, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
    jldmk Platinum

Thanks Jerry!  Looks nice!  Quick question - do those huge drapes close well and keep out the sun?  Don't want to wake up at 5am ; )

jldmk,

Yes, they do!

If you are lucky enough to get a bi-level suite like this, even the Sun will not bother you!  The view is beautiful, and yes, the drapes will hide it, when you need it hidden!

Enjoy your Chicago trip, no matter where you stay!  Let us know how it goes!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...