5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2014 8:19 AM by javapuppi RSS

"Hotels" with Kitchens and multiple bedrooms

debbiebrown Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was reading the reviews for the Key Largo Resorts | Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort and I see it has 2 bedroom units with full kitchens like the time shares. It is different than the other Marriott hotels with the kitchenettes and stuff. This appears to be like the timeshares nearly, though not listed in the timeshare list at VacationClub.com. Does anyone know of other properties like this? We could use a nice list of them

Thank you

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: "Hotels" with Kitchens and multiple bedrooms
    KatieC Member

We got some info for you, debbiebrown!  Both Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites brands offer multiple rooms and full kitchens. Here are the links for more info:

Residence Inn:

http://www.marriott.com/residence-inn/travel.mi

TownePlace Suites:

http://www.marriott.com/towneplace-suites/travel.mi

Hope this is helpful!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

javapuppi Silver 1 Reviews

Yes, and at the Residence Inn locations, you not only get spacious suites with full-size equipment in the kitchen (i.e. full size fridge/freezer NOT a mini-bar size, dishwasher), you also get 'FREE' breakfast 7 days a week - wonderful selection of foods on a hot and cold buffet.  A typical breakfast offering consists of:

1. fresh made oatmeal - with various toppings
      2. make you own waffles - with various toppings
      3. juice machine - with 3 of 4 juices to choose from
      4. scrambled eggs
      5. sausage rounds
      6. home-fried potatoes
      7. french toast
      8. baked goods consisting : 2 types of bread (for toast etc), asst'd bagels, asst'd muffins & English muffins
      9. choice from 4 cold cereals (typically - raisin bran, fruit loops, Frosties and cornflakes (or special k)
      10. selection of packaged yogurt such as Activia, Danone creamy and Oikos Greek Yogurt in a variety of flavours.
      11. Hot beverages including a variety of specialty/herbal teas

and they also do a 'Social' which is a light evening meal - this is normally offered during the week and on varied days depending on the location. Again, this is a free service - targeted to helping you have a more relaxed stay so that if you have had a busy day at work or sightseeing, you can come 'home' to a freshly prepared evening meal :-)

I hope this little summary helps you in your search for comfortable, spacious hotels that have suites (rooms with kitchens)

superchief1 Platinum

There are a few Marriott resorts that were former timeshares(although not MVC timeshares), including the Key West Marriott Resort. These were two bedroom condos with a 1 BR lockoff that becomes a typical hotel room (without kitchen). The standard rooms in these properties usually are small and don't have a view, so it is well worth paying for an upgrade to get the full kitchen and large master BR. MR award rooms only include the Std. studio and you can't use points to upgrade. I received a platinum upgrade from the studio to the 1BR a few years ago at the Key West property, but I have heard that these upgrades are now few and far between. The only other Marriott FS property I have stayed that has kitchens is at the Towson University Marriott Conference Center.  The Marriott Key West resort villas are very similar in quality and size to Marriott Vacation Club villas.

debbiebrown Platinum 6 Reviews

I just found another property with multiple bedrooms and this one with a kitchenette. It was mentioned in my Marriott Vacation Club Insider Newsletter.

Ponte Vedra Beach Hotels, Villas | Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa

And you can use Vacation Club Points. This may be for Premier Plus members only....not sure

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...