1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 3, 2014 6:34 PM by ks77 RSS

Point redemption

lovetexas Member
Currently Being Moderated

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Roswell NM last week. We used Marriott points. I have on my profile that I always prefer a top floor room due to herds of elephants staying above. Alex, at the desk, first offered us a first floor room, which I refused. He then said he could put us in a second floor room which I grudgingly took. The refrig did not appear to be working and as my husband requires one for his insulin as well as I do for my gamma globulin, we requested it be repaired, replaced or be moved to another room. Alex implied that there were king rooms on the top floor but the points we submitted would not cover those rooms. I would have been happy to pay the difference or whatever it took but it wasn't offered. I didn't know the points were different classes. I assumed when I submitted the required points for a king room it would mean ANY king room in the hotel. Apparently not. When we were in Brenham TX last month we got in early due to a meeting time change and the desk clerk said our room wasn't ready so she put us in a suite...but that was a Hampton Inn. Quite a difference in the way we were treated and I will certainly remember it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Point redemption
    ks77 Gold 23 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

lovetexas, that is truly unfortunate that you were treated that way. The front desk agent should have the authority to make a top floor room happen. The only reasons I could think of would be if the rooms were blocked out by one large group or a convention was going on and the hotel was sold out. Either way, the situation should have been handled much better than it was.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...