2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2014 6:24 AM by donethat RSS

Napa Valley Marriott vs. Springhill Suites Napa

cwn107 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm planning 2 short days in Napa in September with my girlfriend. As a Platinum member, please provide your input. In short. for about $60 more per night is it worth staying at the Marriott? Normally I'd say yes; but the reviews I've seen are sub-par. Being Platinum we'd have access to the lounge for breakfast, etc, should also have the Spa fee waved?.., and its closer to downtown. I don't know if that is worth some of the hassles that I've read about though.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Napa, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
Napa, California, USA SpringHill Suites By Marriott SpringHill Suites Napa Valley
  • Re: Napa Valley Marriott vs. Springhill Suites Napa
    bctg77 Platinum 6 Reviews

Stayed last year at this Marriott for 5 nights, have not stayed at the Spring Hill.  I will say that they try very hard to please, bar area is outstanding and the food is great too.  The lounge is great too, but the rooms need a little work.  Looks like they purchased this property and turned it into a Marriott.  The rooms are clean and all, but not sure I would stay there again.  As far as location it was good for the wineries we wanted to visit and the staff at this Marriott is first rate, really will go out of their way to help you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Napa Valley Marriott vs. Springhill Suites Napa
    donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

I have stayed at the NV Marriott on many occasions.   Great location, lounge is open weekends which is a huge plus.  In reality all I really only use it as a base as there is so much to do.  They have a nice work out facility. I am PP member, this hotel is always clean, not always quiet as this is Napa, and lots of people having a good time.  Staff is friendly, wine tasting in lobby.  Have not stayed at Springhill.  Regarding comments on this community website, while the reviews are helpful, however, opinions are like...............everyone has one......  Remember category designation is more on location than actual amenities/luxury in this case.  It is a nice, clean Marriott in a good location, with a staff that goes out of their way to help you have a nice stay.

You will need to decide if you want to spend $60.  I think the central location is better, as the Valley is about 30 miles end to end, and the extra time in the car is not worth it.  Better hint, stay off Hwy 29 as much as possible and use Silverado Trail.  Have fun, drive safe.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...