52 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2015 6:02 PM by iahflyr RSS

How do I know if I'm Platinum for Life?

tdrickthetraveler Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've been a Marriott rewards member for a LONG time and have almost 1000 nights.  How do I know if I'm Platinum for Life?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How do I know if I'm Platinum for Life?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

tdrickthetraveler,,

Marriott lowered the threshold for Lifetime Silver/Gold/Platinum status last year. The new targets do not include a "years in program" qualifier.  Paid Nights and Points Earned are the two remaining criteria. Your account overview page on here will display Lifetime Status for number of nights. You'll need to call Marriott cust. ser. to obtain your lifetime points total.

The criteria are as follows:

Lifetime Silver           250 Nights and 1,200,000 pts

Lifetime Gold            500 Nights and 1,600,000 pts

Lifetime Platinum      750 Nights and 2,000,000 pts   Corrected!!  Thanks, IAH

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bobbydacron Platinum

Last year I made Lifetime platinum and celebrated by staying at JW Marriott Camelback...it was fantastic!!! To find out where your standing is just called the Platinum desk they will tell you. I happen to be Platinum Premier and they told me that until my elite level drops I won't see the Lifetime title on my welcome page because PP is higher than platinum.

I hate to say congratulations because, like me, you probably spend way more time on the road that you would really like. But using the points and getting treated like a rock star when you travel with your family does make it a little easier to deal with

Book_Worm Platinum 8 Reviews

I noticed last week that when I click on My Account, overview after logging into the Marriott website, I now have a lifetime status link. I am not sure if this is for informational purposes, or if I really am a platinum for life member now. I am close to 900 nights, but I am not sure if I have hit 2 millions points yet.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Call CS and find out your total points.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Definitely just call and ask.  I wish they'd just add the point value and lifetime status to our profiles, even if you have a higher status annually just display both.  Probably would cut down on some calls. 

Wouldn't it be so simple and easy if they'd put the total lifetime points on our account like they do lifetime nights???

Wonder what ole The specified item was not found., jmart and KatieC might have learned from the "Greater Team" regarding this issue of total points showing on the account as it's been asked numerous times on MI?  Heck the point balance shows!!

KatieC Member

We're checking!

erc Platinum

KatieC and IAHFLYR  I received this e-mail from Intergalactic, I think it was meant for IAH.

Dear Mr. Flyr

We hear you and appreciate and of course, value your input. The Greater Team is in the
            process of assembling a team of great minds in a panel to be spearheaded by Foster Brooks,

to address your insightful question and provide an answer worthy of its merit.

We're certain you'll hear from us soon (but, if not, please keep providing your valuable input).

We always enjoy hearing from you guys at Insider, it brightens up our day. The GT

Mr. Doubletalk Book                       

Professor Irwin Corey always Ed Wynn Picture

If you can name each of these characters....
            You're not our target audience - so stop bugging us!

KatieC Member

Great photos.

LOL, You're killing me, Smalls.

Look for Foster and I to be working with the GT in order to create a special program just for problem geezers such as myself.  Look for an announcement in coming days as an added "Perk".

KatieC Member

Ok, here's an update:

Once a member achieves Lifetime Elite status, it will not be reflected on the account in the system until they fail to meet the requirements of an equivalent or higher Elite status. For example, if your account status is Platinum Elite, and you achieve Lifetime Gold Elite status, your account will continue to reflect Platinum Elite unless you fail to meet the requirements to renew the Platinum Elite status. 

It is a corporate decision not to post this information on online member accounts. We don't have info on the exact reason(sorry! ) for that decision. However, the team is happy to provide the information by phone or email.

Sorry we can't be more helpful.

erc Platinum

Nice job as always katiec.

Revelry, nee Salt, might consider telling the GT, "you know folks, not that we're trying to tell you how to run your business; but it seems you're missing an opportunity to recognize a significant accomplishment (of loyalty) by not 'capturing the moment' and advising customers of their accomplishment - when they accomplish it". The GT could always explain what you did above; "you'll remain as a Platinum until you fall below the requirements, at which time, you will maintain your Platinum status (along with its benefits) as a Lifetime member, due to your years of loyalty"..... as Theodoric of York might say      naaaah.

It's close to; "NFL Players, some of you have made the Hall of Fame, we'll inform you upon your death".

erc Platinum

My conclusion after dinner and a beer (that's right, singular, a tasty local brew, Morning Glory an espresso stout with an 9.0 abv - thus only one. I wouldn't be shocked if Starbucks who are trying out wine at some locations didn't toss this baby into their offerings );

Marriott, who I've always said (gladly so as a shareholder), is not run by knuckleheads, has apparently decided that having Platinums have no idea about earning Lifetime Status (and therefore striving hard to maintain their Platinum status), is more valuable to them financially, than the customer relations impact of celebrating a significant milepost of longtime loyalty; no doubt driven by the belief (or perhaps actual statistical data) that if Plats knew they already had Plat status for life, they would more aggressively seek other options.

That after beer rationalization makes the most sense of all, and it is true as many do seek other options.

Thank you for the response KatieC.

hrochas1 Platinum

Perhaps Marriott has changed the system, however when I achieved Platinum Elite Lifetime some years ago, I received a Marriott Rewards Card indicating my status with no experation date. Additionally I continue to receive my annual Platinum Elite card with the experation date.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I have only one card that says lifetime platinum and no expiration date.  This card came about three years ago and since no expiration I haven't received another

hrochas1 Platinum

As long as I stay at least 75 nights a year, I continue to receive my regular Platinum Elite card (this year it was a Platinum Primier Elite.)

panusr Platinum 1 Reviews

I have seen the lifetime card, but I did not receive one. I did, however, get the Bluetooth speaker gift. That was pretty cool.

I created a simple spreadsheet to track my LT points (210k to go).

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Ive no reason to track my points, until the takeover of the AC hotel group here in Europe most Marriotts were FS and hence pretty pricey so I was confident I was easily on target points-to-night wise. To be sure however, when I reached 450 nights recently I sent an email to CS asking about my LT points recently and was advised I was at 1.55mill so I'll easily make the 1.6mill points by 500 nights for LT Gold (no small achievement here in Europe) and 2mill by 600 nights, so for me, and I suspect the relatively few European MR Gold/Plat members it's the nights that are the bugbear, not the point accumulation...

Did you make Lifetime?

II've made LTGold and now stand at 2mill points and 600 nights. I've made Plat this year (thanks to 45 nights rolled over from last year). Travel has dropped down with most of my work being local again so I'll probably only do about 40 nights (inc C/C) in 2016 so if I do take the drop to Gold in 2017 it will only be for the last 80 or so nights before I crawl my way to LTPlat...

That always happens. You get on a roll with the hotel stays, and then the travel drops off. Same think happened to me a couple years back. Keep us posted as to your status. Once you make LT Plat, I will show you the secret LT handshake .

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

IAHFLYR is right, you have to call customer service for your lifetime points balance. Many of us here on MRI have questioned why and have requested that lifetime points be reflected in the profile section when logging in to your account. As of yet this has not been done, and I am not aware of this happening anytime soon.

canadaeh Platinum

This is the most ridiculous thing. I too am Plat Premier and on the new website it says Lifetime Plat but it just looks like a link. The entire new website is terrible. I can't even find the Marriott number to call on the site. It's like they're hiding from us.

Book_Worm Platinum 8 Reviews

That was my original question. I can't tell if the Platinum Lifetime Status is just a link to the lifetime status information page, or if I am truly at platinum lifetime status. Not a big deal either way, and I know that I can always call; it was just the first time that I saw this phrase on my account activity page on my online Marriott account.

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

All I had to do was send an email inquiring and they responded back the same day with the qualification requirements and a note that I have met those qualifications. I'm Plat. now so they said that it won't show until I drop below the level.

erc Platinum

1) Congratulations Frogs

2) So when you made Lifetime Platinum (which is nothing to sneeze about) no one told you, much less celebrated the fact

3) If you hadn't had enough of one of the criteria to have qualified, I would have been interested in the response.

a) whether they just said "no you're not one"

or   b) they told you where you fell short

then if you fell short in the points your option was either

a) keep a running total

or b) keep writing them e-mails until they told you that you had crossed the qualifying threshold of points

4) Congratulations on earning Lifetime Platinum - that's a lot of nights, dollars, travels, and hard work!

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

They never said anything about me making LT.  I asked I think two years ago and they told me basically the same this as this time except that my points were under the limit.  This time after giving me the qualifications - scripted email, they added a note that their records show what I am LT.  They also noted how many nights and points I have collected over time.

When I consider what this means, this means a lot of nights away from home.  So, yes, having this status is nice it also represents the sacrifice.  I hope that someday I will reap the benefits.  The free hotel stays that I have used are nice but I have never received any 'awesome' upgrades.  I've heard about others receiving them but I have yet to benefit.  Maybe later this month when my husband and I are in CA for a short getaway.

I would think they would want to let their members know when they reach these plateau's.  To keep it such a secret is confusing.  LT means loyalty .... why not celebrate it?  Who knows anymore.

Kim 

Congrats Kim on your Lifetime achievement to have our butts in their rooms that many nights. 

Here's hoping you get some "awesome upgrades" and this site will provide you some of the best ideas for snagging some.  The knowledge and travel expertise of those here on MI is incredible.  One way you might be able to get that upgrade in CA is to post what hotel you're staying in hopes someone will have insights into the place and maybe even a name of an associate to call ahead of time to inquire about an upgrade.  Just one of many tricks I've used as well as many others.

Welcome to MI and looking forward to your help and insights.

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

Thanks IAHFLYR!  I hope to get more involved in this community.  It's a great resource!

Platinum 28 Reviews

(Haven't read all the comments so forgive if this has been posted)

After discovering that I had achieved Lifetime Platinum status (by call Marriott Rewards) they told me that it wasn't current policy to advise members that they had reached that level.

(Believe it or not) A week later I received a new membership card that said - Lifetime Platinum

Go Figure?????

r0adwa4410r Platinum 1 Reviews

Why doesn't Marriott post your Life Time points so we have to stop calling customer service? Just as AA and United programs work, they post your life time flight miles? Seems silly to me Marriott requires you to call to obtain this info, as if, they want to hide it to move the finish line for those achieving certain status (I already am Life Time Platinum Elite). I am trying to help others

As answered by KatieC above, it's a decision by corporate.

HQ must know it's possible, and that they're not doing it, but have their own reason not to have a LT points counter, even though they do have a LT nights counter. Not sure I see why myself, though email CS and you should get a reply the same day, so it's no secret!

I finally made LT around one month ago. But I also was sent a member card for Plat Prem Elite, which I thought Marriott got rid of. In addition to the card, Marriott sent me a very cool mini bluetooth speaker that connects to my phone to listen to music, make conference calls, and so on. Its pretty cool. Anyone else have the same experience?

nicerinperson Platinum

Not long ago I made LTP. I've not received anything, not even an email.

You should at least be receiving a new Lifetime card, call and ask where it is.

that what happened to me the next years card had Lifetime Platinum but no other correspondence

phille Platinum

I have been a Platinum Premier for the past 5 years or so and yes, the Bluetooth gift this year was actually really good.  It is of pretty good quality too.

I have reached the Lifetime requirements some time ago but I have never received any information from Marriott indicating it.  I am not sure if it is because I continue to reach Platinum Premier status; I have heard before, that the Lifetime card may not be sent out until you no longer qualify for Platinum, although, I have not confirmed this.

I am on the road about 220 nights a year.  I stay the majority of those nights at Marriott properties and the rest at Hilton properties.  I currently have almost 2.5 million unused Marriott points and well over 1500 nights, so I know I have made the requirements...yet no card, or any other notification.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hello again, phille.  If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to take a look into this.  Can you send me a private message with your Rewards number?

Platinum 28 Reviews

Usually you find out when tone day you find a giant "M" on your front lawn!

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

When you can't remember what city or room you are in when you wake up......

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I called the Platinum support line and they gave me my current balances of lifetime points and nights.  They also gave me the requirements for LP (2 million points & 750 nights).  I have the points and should reach 750 nights sometime late in 2017.

time goes fast phctourist hopefully no changes to the requirement with Starwood in the mix

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...