2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2014 6:00 PM by zukracer RSS

Need St Thomas Info

mekgolfski Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Will be traveling to St Thomas - Frenchmen's Cove.

I have Verizon Cell service and I understand that they do not have towers in St Thomas...my calls

will be $1.99/minute.  Have a 93 year old mother in New Jersey and must keep in contact with her

during the trip.

Any suggestions for better and more economical cell service

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St Thomas, Virgin Islands (US)
  • Re: Need St Thomas Info
    boldie24 Platinum 1 Reviews

I seem to recall not having any issues using my Verizon phone in St. Thomas.  Check again with Verizon.  BTW, if you are using points, stay at the Ritz Carlton, much better property.  We loved it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Need St Thomas Info
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I have Sprint and using my cell there was in my service plan.  If in fact Verizon is going to charge you something like that get a pre-paid phone that will work there.  The Verizon map shows coverage there so maybe it's a plan issue?  Their coverage map does seem to fall short in the area where the Cove/Reef is located and other island areas.  Sprint has pretty good 3g coverage everywhere and into parts of St John and other islands.  The AT&T network seems to have the best coverage.  If you cannot sort the issue with Verizon, grab a cheap quad band GSM phone from eBay.  You can find Motorola flip phones for like $30-40 on there and just get a prepaid SIM card from a local store.  You can always hang onto the phone for future international travel or put it back on ebay for what you paid for it

As for the property, its pretty nice, my family and I are going to be there in a few weeks.  We've been there a few times and there's some good places around there to eat and shop.  The Ritz is nicer but also more $$   The Cove doesn't charge any resort fees where the Ritz and others do.  

Hope this helps, let me know if I can help with anything.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...