17 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2014 11:07 PM by perpetualguest RSS

Elite birthday night credit

chrisag92 Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has the free elite birthday night credit promotion been extended unto 2014?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Elite birthday night credit
    tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

Don't know I am afraid.  I haven't had a birthday this year yet!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Yes, I received my free elite birthday night credit in April. 

sticks112 Platinum 11 Reviews

Yes if you call the elite line they will give it to you.

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews

Do Gold Elite members get this as well?

I thought all Elites got it.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

I Got mine this year but was missed last year.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

The only criteria to earn this is to sign up by telling MR your birthday. From that point on, you just have to limit yourself to one birthday a year to receive the elite night credit.

Marriott gave me 2 birthdays last year, so I skipped this year. Who would have guess MR had so much power?

Actually, I did get two elite night birthday credits last year, so I didn't get one this year. Hopefully it will be sorted out by my next birthday. I hate it when people ask me how old I am and I have to ask if they mean real years or Marriott years. At least the two should be the same again in 2015.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

actually that happened to me two years ago and I complained last year and found out they had double dipped

johnlb1234 Platinum

I got an email saying that is was posted, however it has not shown up in my MR activity.  I will give it 10 days and then email customer service. 

perpetualguest Platinum 3 Reviews

Is this really a thing? I've never heard of it and I've been Platinum for years. How would Marriott even know when my birthday is? Is this something just for credit card holders or something? Also, what does the transaction look like on your statement? And how many points are associated with it?

I have checked and my birthday is in my profile.  I guess I had to give it when I signed up to Marriott Rewards.  It is simply an elite night added to your total.  No points.

Thanks! I must have signed up for Marriott Rewards before anyone thought to include birthdays on the form. Anyway, I have no interest in more nights. As long as platinum stays at 75 nights per year and there are rollovers, I'll be Platinum until February of 2022.

But I could always use more points!

ktmermaid55 Gold

I hadn't heard of this either.  And, I've also been an elite member for quite a few years.  It's at moments like this that I'm thankful for being a member of this wonderful group of rewards members.  I learn something new from you every day....  Thank you!!

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

its no good if you are already a lifetime platinum, only good if you are trying to read a higher status. Theres no points, no free night, just a 1night credit.

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

I'm Lifetime Platinum.  I stick on the birthday link anyway.  It only takes a second.  In the past the 1 night counted towards Megabonus which is the reason I did it, but I'm not sure it does anymore.

Cheers.

Thanks! You convinced me to add mine too. And as long as I didn't have to submit the year, I'm thrilled.

Far East Man Platinum 1 Reviews

I have never heard of this either. Been lifetime platinum for years so I suppose it doesn't apply to me?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...