3 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2012 5:57 PM by outofoffice RSS

J.W. Marriott Resort in Cancun

moniskibunny Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My family and I are planning to stay at the J.W. Marriott in Cancun this summer.  I've not stayed at this hotel before can anyone give me some feedback on this hotel as well as some tips?

Thank you,

Moniskibunny

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: J.W. Marriott Resort in Cancun
    debikin Platinum
    My husband and I took our 2yr there in May 2008.  We had the best time ever!!!  All the food is excellent except the restaurant that does the buffet.  I don't recommend that restaurant.  Pool side food is awesome.  Pools are great.  We met so many families there and all the kids shared toys and played all day long.  We never felt like we had to leave the hotel.  We booked a suite and were upgraded to a villa b/c of my husbands status level at Marriott.  The villa was awesome.  We can't wait to go back.  We met so many people that come there every year b/c they love it so much.  A few families were having so much fun, they extended their stay.  We thought about extended our stay, but the airline didn't have a flight for us.  You will really enjoy this resort.  The only thing I recommend- go down the street to the corner store and buy your water.  That is the only item a little overpriced at the resort.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chgotraveler Platinum
    I hope you enjoyed your stay.  I was there with my family in Spring of 07 and I found the resort to be amazing.  I just jumped into "Insiders" so sorry to post late,  but I hope you also had the opportuity to boat over to Isla Mujeres and rent a golf cart, this is true, to tour the island.

outofoffice Platinum

New to "insiders" as well - looking for info on the Marriott Cancun. Taking my family there in July and was also interested in any info others might post. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm planning to use points so an upgrade may not be available, but I trust the regular rooms are very nice.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...