31 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2014 3:27 AM by kharada46 RSS

Monthly Credits on Insiders

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I know the credits on Insiders don't count towards rewards or anything.  All they do is increase your personal standing in MRI.  I have no problem with that at all.

But today is 1st of the month.  Can someone explain to me how on earth an MRI can have earned over 50 credits on the first day of the month?  I am just very curious.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Monthly Credits on Insiders
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Most likely while some of us were sleeping another was in Hawaii working on some late evening posts which he does very well.  Also, could be a few more food blogs be input.  Just a WAG though.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yeah, but how do you get over 50 credits within 24 hours.  Seems masses to me. 

I think you get more credits for initiating threads or blogs, having answered a question or having a question answered that you asked.....heck I don't know so lets bring in the Insider Team who will be able to fill us in on this mystery.  The specified item was not found., KatieC, jmart, merb....what say thee?

I love that!  I really am only curious.  After all, there is no pecuniary benefit!

"Pecuniary", did that hurt typing it?

Certainly did.  Anything to do with money hurts!

erc Platinum

If pecuniary means what I think it does, sorry to inform you Tommo781, we've all been getting $1 per point.

I think it's punishment to the Brits for making us stare at brightlybob for months !

save your letters sportsfans - that's a joke (the $ part)

While we're at it, I think sexxylypps has bypassed  dejamo  as having the most eye catching avatar (or whatever you call it)

I think you're on to something, unless those were to have been tattoo lips!!

sexxylypps Silver

Thanks for compliment

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

Very good eye erc, I concur!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

So far only one avatar has been inducted into the Insiders Hall of Fame...that belonging to the good Dr.

Dejamo is under consideration because he meets the 3 yr eligibility criteria. Lypps, if it has staying power, may make a good case for enshrinement

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Wasn't me this time IAHFLYR!  I've been slacking off and enjoying lots of sun, good food, some "medicine," and a lot of chlorinated water

1398888_10202181818008484_1259982220_o.jpg

KatieC Member

Hi all - Here are some FAQs for reference.

The “credits” are only a measure of participation in the community and are not associated with Rewards points. Activity points will continue to accrue as a member contributes to the community. Tommo781, you are pretty active.

Well yeah, I know I am.  I like to have a bit of banter.  But with daily limits on various things, I just don't get how anyone can get so many credits in a day.  Like I said, it doesn't matter a jot.  I am just curious.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Unlike some of us hard working stiffs our retired members (it seems from there constant contributions) send ALLOT OF TIME ON THIS SITE!!!

Maybe they should take up a hobby?

(please friends, said in jest)

erc Platinum

It was that or run with street gangs and tattoos hurt my tender skin.

I have a hobby, Insiders!!!! LOL 

Okay, I have another but can't remember exactly what it is....FORE, playing through.

Platinum 28 Reviews

@IAHFLYR

As a citizen of the State of California my new hobby is learning how to perform a  (successful) "Rain Dance".

The only other solution will be to see what we can trade for a few drops of water.

We just had a nice 1.3" of water last evening fall, be more than happy to send you some.

Platinum 28 Reviews

every drop helps - starting to smell funny after bathing in tequila!

I have a hobby too since retiring.  It is "not taking what life I have left too seriously"!

Platinum 28 Reviews

I  take life VERY seriously - and with regularity!    I am dedicated to spend every February 29th as seriously as possible.!!!!  Can't wait for 2016!

BTW - you are all crazy - which is GREAT - I find normal people very boring.  I hope you will decide I quality as one the is also "one taco short of a combination plate".  This will help you to put up with my nonsense!

I do hope you meant qualify and not quality!  Quality doesn't count.   So of course you are totally included.  Another difference betweern UK & US.  We say a sandwich short of a picnic.

Platinum 28 Reviews

my neglecting to proof read has gotten me into trouble all the way back to college

erc Platinum

KatieC  and NathalieF

I am like Tommo781 on this subject matter, not interested in the credits, but interested in the process of accumulating the credits and the participation badges and participation meter that katieC referenced does not provide the answer.

The reason I ask, is that on the second day of the new month (yesterday), our dear pal bejacob had already surpassed the 100 credit mark. Now I don't give a rat's fanny if the boy runs up a million credits, his parents and I would both be extremely proud of him, but b.e. is one of the only seven humans in the world to receive the August "special, super duper points bonus", so like the crook in Dirty Harry,  "I gots to know", does sending flowers to the Rewards Points Monitor earn 75 credits? How does one snag 100 credits in less than 24 hours?

Thank you in advance for your well researched answer.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

erc, I can answer this one. I just posted a new photo album (State Welcome Signs) and when I uploaded the pictures, I tagged them with keywords. I think I used about 3 keywords for each photo and since there were about 30 of them, I racked up about 90 credits.

Tagging content earns the "Mark my words" badge and earns a participation point. No foul play or ill intent. It just happened at the beginning of the month so I jumped right to the top of the list. I typically only add new photos a few times a year, so you won't see this very often.

Hmm, might be time to add a few more pictures to my album. I've got a bunch or new ones, but I'm not in any rush to get them posted.

The other time I use tagging is for my blog posts which I usually do about once a month (I've got to complete an entry for my latest foray into Oklahoma, Texas, and Kansas). One of our favorite bloggers, kharada46, is great at using keywords on his blog entries, so his name almost always shows up near the top of the monthly particpation list.

So, it was just a matter of timing. I imagine in a week or so, I'll be ranked somewhere around 3rd or 4th and be quite happy about it.

erc Platinum

So it's all in the tagging. Good stuff, thanks for sharing bejacob I can now sleep well at night.

Now, NathalieF   with the time b.e. saved you on the research, would you please remove on my icon/avatar (whatever it goes by) the 1 Reviews. That was actually a response years ago to an Insider about the LAX Renaissance and not a review. Some wiseguy at Marriott lifted it and called it a Review. I'd prefer to remain a Review virgin. Thanks

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks bejacob for the reply and way to rack up those credits!

erc - I removed your "1 Reviews" and that label is now gone from your avatar. I definitely see how this wasn't a true review of the hotel. Thank you!

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

bejacob  Thanks for the info. I need to start posting pictures from my adventures to go along with my words!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...