6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2014 12:14 PM by 77paris RSS

Hunker Down Insiders - Marriott Continues Record Results

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/capitalbusiness/marriott-profits-rise-7-percent-in-second-quarter/2014/07/29/16585b9e-174f-11e4-9349-84d4a85be981_story.html

Profits rise 7%, strong World Cup and resort demands; Development continues on record pace

If you are one of the more optimistic Insiders hoping for; Certificate Category increases, removal of resort fees, guaranteed late 4 pm checkout, pricing transparency, an along the route search feature, benefits at resorts, weekend lounge benefits, personal MegaBonus offers, guaranteed suite upgrades for elites using points or any other 'Ideal Elite Status Perks' - don't hold your breath    . Marriott, like Ol' Man River, keeps on rollin' along.

If we've learned anything about Marriott, the stronger they perform (and they are knocking it out of the park), the firmer they hold the line on benefits. I'm not necessarily complaining (except about "Pricing Quirks" ) just stating the apparent reality. And now their resorts are kicking down the door (and other parts of our collective anatomy) thanks to IAHFLYR constantly touting Scrub Island.  Washington DC is still weak, so that's where you'll find some excellent values, but even those are starting to tighten up and our Insider technique of booking early and watching rates decline is drying up quicker than a California marina, so buckle up Insiders, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hunker Down Insiders - Marriott Continues Record Results
    erc Platinum

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I will try my best to avoid any further touting of Scrub, have to focus elsewhere it appears after my carpet call by my Pal erc!

erc Platinum

That's right, you gave Marriott the leverage to downgrade me from a full buffet breakfast at the Ghent Marriott to a dry piece of toast continental. Whereas Mrs. Erc no doubt thanks you, I consider my lost of waffles (in Belgium of all places) as 'collateral damage' of your powerful influence.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

At least at Scrub we could cook our own breakfasts to include waffles should that be to ones liking.  

My powerful influence stopped when I lost my government ID, well at least I thought of myself as having powerful influence in where my co-workers would stay when we traveled.  It now appears I never had any influence on anything other than what time Happy Hour started each day. 

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

There is no doubt a negative correlation between Marriott profits and MR perks. I remember several years ago the PP deals listed were in the hundreds; today, usually half of times past. GO MARRIOTT - make profits, but find somewhere in your core values to align profits with appreciation to those who are your most loyal, especially the Ps and PPs who demonstrate their loyalty year-after-year.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...