6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2014 5:54 PM by profchiara RSS

Inbox and access to posts for Marriott

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I always post my comments or questions under Discussion because Destinations doesn't work because it seems to require a Marriott stay destination.  But I have had trouble finding Photo Itineraries and Albums as well as other subjects that don't appear in Inbox even though I have contributed or read such sites.  One example is Jerry Coin's Historic Sites.  While it appears under activity, it usually (at least for me) doesn't appear under Inbox and the same happened when I looked for fschumpert's travelogues on England.  You also can't give a like to the original post.

Can this be changed?  I know I didn't see some posts from others and I don't think Jerry saw some of mine till late in the day.  In any case, till it's resolved (unless it's just me) I'll keep posting under discussion - other topics.

Cheers,
ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Inbox and access to posts for Marriott
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

profchiara

Have you tried the "Browse" Feature in the Upper Right Corner?  I use this each time I log into Insiders.  First I go to Browse and then Content.  Then I can see all the most recent postings or sort them by Blogs, Discussions, Photo Albums, Reviews, ETC.

Hope that Helps!

Browse.JPG

Content.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks, vaboywinder,

What I usually do is go to inbox first, then activity, but will now do this.

Hi again vaboywnder,

I just checked out the browse section and found it less than useful.  When I searched through content I got boxes mostly of hotel reviews of places where I will never stay.  It seems like a long extra step for me since I normally only check in twice a day and less when I travel.  I guess I don't like its set-up.  It reminds me of options I have of looking at lists vs. docs in OSX.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

profchiara

When you go to Browse and then Content the default view includes everything including hotel reviews which have been very dominant on Insiders.  Above the content boxes you will notice a bar with different icons that looks like the one below.

1.          2.         3.          4.         5.         6.         7.

AllContent.JPG

If you click on the 1st icon it will show you all of the most recent Blog Entries.

The 2nd icon will show you recent Insider Documents

The 3rd  icon will show you all of the most recent discussions.       

The 4th icon will show you the most recent surveys.

The 5th icon will show you the most recent photo albums.

The 6th & 7th icons are related to the most recent hotel reviews. 

Personally I look at Blog Entries and Discussions each day and I found this method will help me find items that are no longer in the activity feed.  It is a few extra clicks but the results are more conclusive.  I wish Marriott had an "Exclude Member Reviews" available on this page so we don't have to sort them out manually.

Is it just me as an older (not yet elderly) person who finds this particular link rather cumbersome?  Everything else (Inbox, Activity) works fine for me, and I never check hotel reviews since I don't stay at Marriotts.

But thanks for the info!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...