2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2014 6:00 PM by jerrycoin RSS

The Concorde!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

IMG_3943.JPG

This beautiful "Bird" sits on a "Perch" at CDG in Paris!  There is also one "Perched" at LHR in London, and sadly, this may be all we will ever see of this once "Icon" of the skies!

I must share with you that I never flew on the Concorde, but know many who have.  One of them is my wife, "Ladycoin", who flew on the Concorde eight times, after taking The QE II to Europe.  She recalls the "Smallness" of the Concorde, the lines to use the restrooms, the wonderful waiting lounges, the VIP's on board, and most of all "The speed" with which you traveled!  It had to be amazing!

Each flight, each passenger was given some sort of gift to remember their Concorde experience.  We have her's and while I am not great at these kind of photo's, here are a few items:

SANY0320.JPG

A beautiful Concorde, "Pen and Pencil set", given away by British Airway's!

SANY0321.JPG

A box holding some beautiful "Personal picture frames"!

SANY0322.JPG

Never use, I don't know why, these small frames would be nice to carry while traveling!

If you have an experience, or pictures involving the Concorde please share with all of us!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
Paris, France
  • Re: The Concorde!
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Yes it was an amazing bird for sure, even if so very small inside.  I got to see it depart IAH once long ago as BA did a charter for the rich and famous a couple of times, wow was it loud as well, but nothing else like it in the sky.

Thanks for sharing this Jerry.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The Concorde!
      jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

Thank-you!  You know what's funny, whatever price they charged back then for those flights would probably be a "Bargain" today!  What a way to travel!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...