3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2014 12:59 PM by californian RSS

Visiting Simi Valley Area - Help needed

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Labor Day weekend I am surprising my husband with a trip to the Reagan Library.  We will only be there Fri - Mon so a very short weekend.  What suggestions do you have for the best hotels (best experience) and even restaurants.  I want this to be romantic as well.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

Kim

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Simi Valley, California, USA
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Malibu, California, USA
  • Re: Visiting Simi Valley Area - Help needed
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I would suggest the Warner Center Marriott as opposed to the Courtyard in Simi Valley especially if you have status and get free breakfasts.  The Reagan Library is a great experience and will take longer then you expect.  Being able to go on Air Force One is a real treat.

A suggestion is to take a boat to the Channel Islands for part of one day while you are there.  I have done this more than once and always see dolphins on the way.  If you decide to add this, and are not elite with Marriott, the Courtyard in Thousand Oaks is a good choice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

Thanks!  I currently have reservations at Warner and am Platinum.  Actually using points for this getaway.  Any restaurant suggestions?  I thought even heading to the coast for dinner would be a nice idea.

Kim

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I always enjoy eating on the coast but don't have restaurant names for you.  There were several in the marina where the boats leave from and many more in the area.  Even if you don't want to take the boat, the Channel Islands National Park Visitor center has some really nice displays if you will be in the area.

Another hotel that you might want to consider is the Ventura Marriott which is 1 block from the water.  I stayed there several times and was treated well.  It may cost more points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...