4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2014 11:04 AM by tommo781 RSS

General Manager's Name?

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone tell me where I can find the name of the General Manager of a hotel.  I have an issue with a Marriott and sent an email addressed "for the personal attention of the General Manager".  I got a response from a different manager who had only been there a week, and who was as much use as a chocolate coffee pot!  Nowhere on the web site can I find out who the General Manager is to contact them directly.  Is there a way to find out?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Waltham Abbey, England, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel
  • Re: General Manager's Name?
    erc Platinum

I don't believe there is a publicly released list anywhere (thus the inability to find it). I have had 100% success in calling the property and asking for the name and e-mail address of concierge, guest relations, front desk, and General Manager.

I then write the individual and once again, have had 100% success (I would say along the lines of 8 for 8) in receiving a response from the individual usually within a week (often that day or the next one, they are very responsive at the property level, unlike our pals at The Greater Team).

The bad news; just like there's no contact e-mail link on hotel web sites for anyone, there's none for the GM

The good news: this is the current trend of travel - the direct contact and while sometimes laborious, it's often quite effective at well run properties, as most Marriotts are.

Good luck in resolving your issue.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks erc.  I had hoped not to have to contact the hotel direct, but your reply convinced me I had to.  I have emailed the GM direct now, but would you believe he has only been there a week as well!  The person who answered the phone didn't even know the name of the GM!!!!!!!!!!  She had to go and find out.    I can't wait for his response. 

KatieC Member

Hi Tommo781 - Glad you were able to find and email the GM. Let us know if we can be of assistance. Thanks for posting info, erc

Thanks KatieC.  If I get into difficulties getting the answers I require from the hotel, I'll be in touch.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...