5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2014 8:48 AM by fschumpert RSS

Information on Vacation Club

kimk Silver 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Any input on your vacation club stay helpful. Than you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Information on Vacation Club
    dennisorterry Platinum

Your question about Vacation Club stays is a little vague.  If you elaborate on your concern you should receive some helpful replies.

My wife and I own four Marriott Vacation Club weeks and thoroughly enjoy every location we have stayed over 20 years. Units are normally two bedroom but some have one bedroom villas and/or three bedrooms.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

kimk - Ref. MVC - my wife and I are points (not weeks) holders. We've stayed thus far mostly in S.E. club facilities, but will be going to Newport Beach, CA, in October. As posted earlier, perhaps you could be more specific about your questions you might have....

globaltreker Platinum

They are wonderful for our family.  We have stayed in 2, 3, and 4-BR units.

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

No children, but my wife and I have stayed at several (Marriott and others) and love them.  Often even buy a week from Interval International and use it when traveling for work.  Beats the heck out of most hotels, with the extra space, full kitchen, etc.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

kimk - Don't know if you've found information you requested earlier, but as an additional comment from one who is relatively new to MVC, I would offer the following suggestions:

1. It's helpful to know how to navigate around the MVC site, and you can learn how to best do this by trial 'n error, or perhaps chatting with an agent.

2. Understand the rules, such as when you can make a reservation at a particular site (for instance, you normally have to book minimum 7 nights stay at a particular place if you're booking more than 9 months out, if you need to cancel your reservation, you should do so at least 61 days in advance of your reservation, and I believe you need to call, etc.)

3. MVC might not confirm this, but they do give preferential treatment to "weeks owners" at designated locations, and particularly those with multiple weeks, along with "point owners", who have higher number of points in their portfolio. And, they generally don't always give you your preferences (particular floor, view, building, etc.) even though you designate these on your on-line reservation. They tend to rotate people, depending on particular MVC locations, especially the more popular ones, such as Ocean Watch at Myrtle Beach and those in Hilton Head, SC.

4. Booking a reservation at these locations above (on the beach) are quite popular, and expensive (more points) in the prime season (summer months), but if you're looking for a get-away for less points, try a reservation at these during the "off season". I've booked "ocean front" at some of these for 5 nights in Jan./Feb. for less than 1,000 points.

.....just a few things I've learned via experience

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...