8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2014 1:54 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Memphis, Arkansas, Branson

travlbug Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hello, my wife are staying in Memphis, TN Sep 26-28.  Then we're staying at Marriott's Willow Ridge in Branson, MO Sep 30-Oct 4.  We'll have two nights Sep 28-29 to travel from Memphis to Branson, so we'll probably go through Arkansas. I think we'll stay in Hot Springs, but we're open to suggestions for places to stay & things to do in Arkansas.  Also, we'd appreciate any suggestions for things to do & good restaurants in Memphis & Branson.  Thank!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Branson, Missouri, USA
  • Re: Memphis, Arkansas, Branson
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

travlbug,

Hi and welcome to Insiders!  I've never been to Memphis or Arkansas before but I have been to Branson once and can make a couple of recommendations.  First off I'll say you made a good choice with the Willow Ridge Vacation Club property in Branson.  I really enjoyed my stay there.

While in Branson you should check out the Branson Landing area which is a nice outdoor shopping area in the downtown area of Branson.  There is a nice dinner cruise option in Branson Landing that I would recommend.  Here is a link to the website:  http://www.mainstreetlakecruises.com/landing-princess

Also at Branson Landing is a nice upscale mexican restaurant called Cantina Laredo.

http://www.cantinalaredo.com/location/branson/

If you like amusement parks there is also Silver Dollar City:  http://www.silverdollarcity.com/

Have a Good Time and let us know how your trip goes!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

travlbug Gold

vaboywnder, thanks for your good suggestions.  I like the dinner cruise idea.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

travelbug,

That is a wonderful trip you have planned!

First, please review recent posts on Memphis that I did a few weeks ago, and also look at reviews on Branson.  Other MRI's have posted wonderful "Tips' on these locations!  However, let me share with you my picks:

Memphis:

For one meal, if you like a historic BBQ place,

SANY0222.JPG

SANY0223.JPG

Inexpensive, and you can split a meal, be prepared for a crowd during peak hours!

One place to visit:

SANY0260.JPG

Graceland!  You don't have to be an Elvis fan to enjoy this historic experience!

The drive to Little Rock/Hot Springs is easy!  All interstate 40!  Now what I would do is set up for two nights at The RI, 1401 Shackleford Rd., is is about a 100 mile round trip to Hot Springs, but the rates are good.  Likewise, you can take advantage of a superior location at I-430 and I-630.  Having your own food/drinks will save you both time and money.  This is an easy place to hook up with Hwy 65 to Branson.  Lastly, you can enjoy one day in Hot Springs and one day seeing sights in Little Rock.

One meal in Little Rock?  Doe's Steakhouse,  historic steaks, (You will want to split), and a simple but memorable atmosphere!

Branson:

Dining, You will find a whole lot of all your chains, and many buffets.  For fine dining, while at the Landing, The Hilton, has the best steaks and fine dining in town.  The other place worth visiting for sure, and dining, if your budget allows, The Chateau on the Lake.  Simply a beautiful place.

BTW, you hotel/time share is in a wonderful location and the rooms are very nice!  Nearby is a wonderful Italian Rest. and a Texas Roadhouse.  These are located off the main road, and if you keep going you will run into a nice Wal Mart.  Again, if you like BBQ, The Rib Crib is very good, and for moderately priced steaks, try Montana Mike's!  One bit of advice, if you like to wait and like 'Slow service" visit places that have many buses around them!

In Branson, visit this little shopping area!  It is easy to get to from your hotel!

IMG_3163.jpg

Grand Village, is fun!  Mel's Diner is famous for singing staff and great food at reasonable prices.  This place is 5 minutes from your hotel!

Lastly, if you go to just one show, here's a sure bet!  12 Irish Tenors!  There are many mediocre shows, but this is "First Class"!

IMG_3155.JPG

IMG_3168.JPG

The Landing is very nice, and has something for everyone!  One suggestion, avoid the expensive parking garage, and park free on the North end of the Landing, by Belk's!  You will save yourself time and money!

travelbug, have a great time, and if you need more details, let us at MRI know!

erc Platinum

Here's jerry's fine post on Branson dining   Branson, Mo. "Dining"!

erc,

Thank-you!  Could not have done it better myself!

Hope this helps travelbug

travlbug Gold

Yes, excellent suggestions.  tks

travlbug Gold

Thanks for sending, erc.

travelbug,

Sure hope it helps with your trip!

Let us know if you have any questions!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...