6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2015 2:14 AM by allleisure RSS

Great Platinum Perks

bayonneboy Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have been reading many of the comments about the lack of recognition of platinum and platinum premier status and I agree with the majority of the comments that are posted. However, I would like to say that my recent trip to China with my family has made me truly appreciate my platinum premier staus and I wanted to share this with my fellow insiders. We had stayed in Hong Kong at the JW Marriott, the Courtyard Puxi in Shanghai and the Renaissance Beijing Capital hotel and we were treated to an amazing experience. From an e-mail several days prior to arrival requesting any preferences and my arrival time to upgraded rooms and personal care at all three hotels, I was very impressed. Upon arrival, a representative met me at check in and asking if there was anything that they could do for me or my family and throughout the stay I was greeted by my name and I really can't say enough about the staff. I will be posting hotel reviews on each shortly but wanted to just say that there are still some places that do recognize platinum status and I really do appreciate it. Also for those people that can't use your category 1-5 certificates, the Courtyard Shanghai Puxi is a category 1(30,000 points for 5 nights) with full service staff and a concierge lounge so there are places where the certificates are still a great value.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Great Platinum Perks
    erc Platinum

That's a great story, thanks for sharing. I agree with you, for as much as many of us justifiably groan about the overall policies of The Greater Team, no doubt the reason those of us who remain stay, is due to the ongoing excellence of customer service at the property level.

As Marriott continues to successfully hold firm on cost controls and benefits, many of us have shifted our efforts toward investing in relationships with each individual stay; to similar to yours, mostly impressive results. Glad it went so well for you, it's always enjoyable to hear of trips made memorable by superb customer service.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

r0adwa4410r Platinum 1 Reviews

Indeed a great story. I'd also add that each time I travel abroad (Mexico, HKG, London, China, etc.), I receive much better treatment and amazing upgrades (also, recognition for being a Platinum Premier/Platinum Elite Life). When I check into the Ft. Lauderdale Marriott I get put in a crappy room next to ice maker with double beds when I book a King. Then, get told it was the only room they had. Unreal.... Maybe training overseas is better than in the states?

allleisure Platinum

Remember, the next time you check in to the Ft Lauderdale Marriott and they fail to give you the king room you reserved, remind them they then owe you $100 because they failed to fulfill your guaranteed room type. Just make sure you make the claim prior to checking out. Some hotel brands are less.  I'd make an issue of it at check in. They may just magically find a king room.  All this is buried in the elite benefits. Just say'n

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

It would appear you got the email from the "Virtual Concierge" which I've found to be most useful in acquiring some excellent benefits from being Platinum.  Of course each property is site specific however; I do not recall a time when I have not gotten what was requested particularly if I was to toss in a request for a bottle of wine or champagne upon arrival since the arrival gifts are for the most part finished.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

curiousone Platinum

Not to be cynical, but I suspect that the treatment of every guest by these upper scale hotels in the far east is superior to the "preferential" treatment afforded to Platinum members stateside.

ramoneur Platinum

i have stayed at the courtyard puxi acouple of times now,

and it really a fantastic hotel

especially for the price!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...